New to forums, reading them for years

Hi need some help advice please

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to forums, reading them for years

Postby Rosher » 08 Mar 2017, 05:11

failure, he didn't get through the first page, he was to impatient.
He says rectum removal is to risky. Wanted a psych assessment instead LOL are you kidding me.
So my hope diminished, my hope was up for the first time in almost a year.
He says mortality rate of 2% with the procedure, also uterine erectile dysfunction and bladder issues, also haemorrhaging all are risk factors. Yet what operation dosn have a mortality rate.
Still if he had given me the choice i would have gone for it.

So i am the only person out of the 35,000 patients he has delt with over the last 45 years of practising who fever with an anal fissure. And you know these guys, if they cant figure it out they wont do anything.

He wants to dilate, maybe LIS..., my only concern is the ongoing fevers with bleeding.
He wont cauterise yet im sure that it will stop the reoccurrent bleeding + fevers.

Now its back to the slow long path of pain and a shit life.
You know if they used the new laser operating knives that automatically cut cauterise and stop haehmorrhaging, then thats 1 of the 5 risk factors out of the way. Also couldn't they invent some machine that picks up very fine electrical stimulation like nerves, so as to avoid cutting any.
That way the operation would have a 500% reduced mortality and complication rate!
Im sure this isnt to far away in the future.
Anyway im a dreamer.
Rosher
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Mar 2017, 06:51

Oh no so sorry,
Yes there is a risk but surely you should be the one to make that choice not him as your the one living with the effects of this.
Maybe the psych assessment could play in your favour if you show that you are completely sure in your needs and have rationally explored all options and to be fair have given it a lot of time.
I wish I could say something to help but some surgeons are so narcissistic that they just can't see things from another's view point.
Hopefully the LIS and dilation will help you
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby chachacha » 08 Mar 2017, 09:19

Did you print out the entire thread, or just the one post from March 06 at 19:50? I wouldn't think that that would have been more than one page (or just barely). I can understand his reluctance if it was too long though, and it was that specific post that was so powerful.

I agree with MPB that the psych consult could work in your favour, if you can convince them to let the other docs know how big an impact this is having, and that your mental health improving, depends on them providing you with the surgery that you desire.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Rosher » 11 Mar 2017, 22:52

Can someone please tell me how much mucus build up there is from a colostomy, end colostomy?
i have an illieostomy and cant manage with the amount and size with my current issues.

Is it once a day, week or month?

Thank you
Rosher
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Mar 2017, 08:49

Hi as I do not personally have one this is just from what friends who do have a colostomy say.
My best friend who has an end colostomy i.e. Just the sigmoid says she gets it maybe once a month/2 months. I have a few online friends who say it can be anything from I've every couple of days to once a year if ever....I guess everyone's intestines are different and we produce mucous at differing amounts
Have a think about maybe contacting the colostomy association and getting some advice
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Sorebutt26 » 02 Apr 2017, 10:56

I've just read this :( how did it go Rosher? I hope you got some helpful answers from this CRS
Sorebutt26
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3