Fear and sadness

Fissure and anxiety and fears

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fear and sadness

Postby Ouchie81 » 10 May 2019, 02:40

Hello everyone,

I got my first anal fissure back in 2012. I don’t recall how it healed but I think it took a month. I also don’t know why I got it. I got my next fissure in 2017 after banding two hemorrhoids. It took a lot of work but I managed to heal it at home in 4-6 weeks. Now here I am with yer another fissure but this time I have 2-3 of them. I am am so sad and scared. I know how hard it was to heal last time and I am guessing even harder with more than 1. I just feel... well, crushed. This fissure is because I had antibiotics forced on me which gave me anal thrush (plus oral and vaginal). The thrush weakened my skin down there and here I am

I have tried to restart everything I can think of to heal this. Warm Epsom salt baths, rectogesic. plenty of water, eat healthy, gentle walks, relaxing thoughts, no tight clothes. I am going to take a week off work so I can do three baths a day. I remember that really helped. Also so I can do the cream three times a day.

I am trying to stay positive but when you’ve had these before you know how hard they can be to heal and how life alternating they can be.

I’d love to chat with some other people. Just a friend. It’s not a topic you can just tell anyone
Ouchie81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fear and sadness

Postby Abu » 10 May 2019, 07:25

Hi O. I guess we need to accept that once a fissure develops we can never be the same. We need to be careful all our lives. For you I guess it was simply bad luck this time. Not your fault that they gave those antibiotics. I had a similar experience with hems banding leading to AF. Or the antibiotics, God knows, as it happened the same time. Try to stay positive and come here more often, maybe you can find relief by helping others who go through this for the first time in their lives. Consider yourself lucky that you already know some tricks, usually it takes months to learn what works and what doesn't. I wish you all the best and a fast recovery. Never lose hope in your ability to heal.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Ouchie81 » 10 May 2019, 08:29

Thank you for your reply Abu
It’s a hard path we AF sufferers walk
Hard not to let the fear get the better of you
Ouchie81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby missy moo » 13 May 2019, 03:53

Ouchie18 how are you doing? Have you seen a crs yet?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37