skin tags

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: skin tags

Postby patience_and_healing » 11 May 2019, 22:59

It's strange that they dismissed the mild redness in the rectal mucosa as 'unremarkable', considering that's the main location of your pain. Have they done any biopsies of the area at all?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby hurtinend » 12 May 2019, 17:22

No nothing other than the polyp was sent for pathology, it was indeed benign. It’s interesting that my urologist notes tightened bladder neck as “unremarkable” as well.

My pain radiates. So difficult to tell exactly where it’s coming from....essentially rectal and pelvic floor.

I see my family doc tomorrow I don’t even know what to say anymore. I can see the skin tag I think it’s somewhat painful to the touch

It’s like a knife is sitting in there. Like I mentioned it’s worse since the colonoscopy

I put some lidocaine around there this morning and just my finger working the area causes hot pain
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby patience_and_healing » 13 May 2019, 00:34

Did the lidocaine help at all? I don't know if it works well for nerve pain. I wonder if you can convince your primary care to prescribe the suppositories that are given to IBD patients to reduce inflammation. Even though you don't have that diagnosis it might be worth a try. The medicine is called Mesalamine. Maybe ask the doctor if muscle relaxants would help as well.
patience_and_healing

Postby hurtinend » 13 May 2019, 17:11

Doctor wouldn’t prescribe it. I also asked for short term cortisone suppositories and he wouldn’t prescribe that either.

He said he bases it on the colonoscopy report and that those meds wouldn’t help.

I’m lost. He wants to ramp me up to 4 grams of gabapentin per day, in split doses.
By the way I tried muscle relaxers quite a while ago, Flexeril. It gave me a nice buzz but didn’t help with pain.

By the way the colonoscopy report also mentioned 2 internal hemms, apparently that’s not much of an issue. wtf
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby patience_and_healing » 15 May 2019, 01:03

Gawd, doctors and their close minded ways of doing things. :eyeroll: Is there any way you can see a different primary doctor who will try to think out of the box to help you? I'm sorry to hear that muscle relaxers didn't help. Hopefully the gabapentin will help you. I was reading about it recently and it's considered a fairly safe medicine because it's not metabolized by the liver and passes directly through the kidneys into urine. You'll probably need to increase laxatives in case it causes constipation though.
patience_and_healing