Help

First time sufferer

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Help

Postby Katie123 » 26 May 2019, 06:19

So I’ll try to be brief. I’ve been suffering with a fissure/s for 17 weeks now since the birth of my little man. My god I feel for every single person suffering with this evil!!! I’ve never know anything like it. I think I could probably deal with the pain of the bowel movement although agony it’s the spasm that lasts for 8 hours afterwards!!! I cry for about 3 hours not manage to do anything. I have 3 children to care for and I am totally failing them.
I have an appointment with the hospital on the 6th after going to a and e last month. I’m just praying they will do something to help!
My diet is good I’m not constipated I drink loads and loads I exercise every day I’m not over weight, I take sitz baths and have been using gtn cream for 3 weeks with no relief. Please tell me there is an end to this I literally can not carry on in this pain
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Help

Postby owmybum » 28 May 2019, 03:34

I’m sorry to hear you are not doing so well. It really is a miserable affliction.

It sounds like you are doing everything right, so keep on going. It takes a few weeks for the gtn to work. I’ve only noticed a big difference on my second tube, so at about the 5/6 weeks mark.

Good luck with the appointment

Xxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Bloodybum » 31 May 2019, 16:56

I've had mine for about 11 or 12 weeks and can't stop thinking about ending this too. I try to be Buddhist and live in the now, but sometimes the now is not so kind, haha. Right now it's about 8 hours since my morning BM and I'm lying on the bed with my butt airing out cuz walking still hurts. I'm trying to use my untapped mental powers to transport myself into the future after my scheduled surgery.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Katie123 » 01 Jun 2019, 03:02

It really is miserable isn’t it!
I think the cream is being to work a bit although I don’t want to speak too soon as I did have a painless week 2 months ago then bang it cane right back.
I will go to my hospital appointment next week and go from there.
I’m trying the same, to keep positive and almost just accept the pain as normal and carry on .........some days it’s just too much though.
I really hope everyone suffering finds some relief soon x
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Katie123 » 06 Jun 2019, 02:58

So I spoke too soon, it came back with a vengeance. I had my appointment this morning. Morning are always worst so was already tearful when I arrived. They have given me an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow lunch time......
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby woeisme » 06 Jun 2019, 05:37

On no! So sorry it was painful enough to leave you in tears. I don’t think I’ve ever been to my CRS office without crying during my visit-so you are not alone! Will this be your initial consultation with a surgeon?
woeisme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Katie123 » 06 Jun 2019, 08:17

To be honest I’ve only ever been to a&e with it being in so much pain where they prescribed me with the gtn cream. It’s the first real appointment I’ve been too. Up until like 2 o’clock I cry everyday at home so really hoping the surgeon will offer me some hope tomorrow.
It really is a horrible place for us all to be in!!
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 09 Jun 2019, 06:11

Katie123 what did the surgeon say? Wishing the best for you.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby woeisme » 09 Jun 2019, 09:59

I’ve been thinking of you too Katie-hopefully you got some help, hope, and compassionate care from your appointment!
woeisme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Katie123 » 09 Jun 2019, 12:53

Hey so surgeon was great, he was like right so this afternoon...........I go on holiday so can’t help you for 2 weeks. So am booked in for Botox but he wants to still put me under general so he can clean etc the fissure. Really hoping this will do the trick because this pain is unreal. How can something so small create such havoc with our lives?!?!?
Thanks for your messages. How’s everyone else doing? X
Katie123
Salt Bather