Small External Hemorrhoid w/Anal Tag Removal

Considering a Mini Hemmerhoidectomy and Tag Removal

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Small External Hemorrhoid w/Anal Tag Removal

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 29 May 2019, 12:41

I am considering having a small external hemorrhoid with connecting tag removed by a CRS. And possibly a prolapsed hemorrhoid inside of anal canal removed as well. The external/tag is located between vag side and top of anus (12 o’clock?) Not sure if I will only be making things worse for myself as far as disrupting other hemorrhoids and more scar tissue. Or if getting rid of the annoying, sometimes uncomfortable tag/hems will be better in long run. Need some advice or opinions! :thankyou:
Deleted User 7692

Re: Small External Hemorrhoid w/Anal Tag Removal

Postby chachacha » 30 May 2019, 22:43

That is such an incredibly difficult decision to make. There can definitely be repercussions involved, if you do any and all of those repairs, but your quality of life as it is now should also be considered. Are you very young? Are you very old? Is this a cosmetic issue for you, or are the tag and hems very painful? I had to make all of those decisions over the last few years, but my situation may not be like yours at all.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 31 May 2019, 09:53

Hi chachacha. Thank you for responding. I’m in my 50’s. The most discomfort I get from the hemmerhoid and swollen tag is after ive been driving in the car, when I’m feeling gassy/have a full bladder, and before bm’s. I feel a tip of a small prolapse hem next to the small tag comeing right outside of anus and then go away and back inside. It is more of an uncomfortable and sore pressure feeling in my tailbone area. I think I’m just worried if I do not get rid of it now while it’s small, it will get larger, and become more painful and more complicated to remove later. But then with surgery it might cause more trama and bring on more problems?? It is a huge decision for me and one I have been stressing about. Maybe get a colonoscopy or other scope to check things out internally before I commit to any procedure?
Deleted User 7692

Postby chachacha » 31 May 2019, 12:25

It really is a tough decision to make, because the prolapsing hemorrhoid could still heal itself at this point, I would hope (with careful bowel and eating habits) and might not get worse. Do you know if the tag is related to a fissure, or did the CRS say that it was part of the hemorrhoid? Can you go back to the CRS and ask him to do a less invasive scope (anoscope or flexible sigmoidoscopy)? If you're in your 50's though, he/she may recommend the full colonoscopy.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 31 May 2019, 13:10

I know the tag is not part of a fissure. Those healed with LIS procedure that I had previously. My CRS said the tag is part of a small external hem. But I also feel an internal hem that prolapses too. It all swells together at various times of pressure down there. Then the tag will deflate and remain a very small and fleshy feeling. He said he could easily snip it all off (mini-tag removal/mini-hemmerhoidectomy) under anesthesia. Would be a 10 day recovery? I am terrified to go through with another procedure though. I am mostly worried about complications post op. Wonder if I can avoid surgery and see if it all will eventually go away on its own or at least settle down any more. Do ththe hems ever go away? I’ve been dealing with this for a few months after first procedure. Maybe that is what brought it all on? Thank you so much for responding to my posts!
Deleted User 7692

Postby chachacha » 31 May 2019, 14:00

I would imagine that it did. I had several tags after my LIS and then more after my hemorrhoidectomy. According to my CRS, they are permanent. They don't bother me though, so I'm fine with the mess that is my anus. And from what I understand, early and small prolapsing hemorrhoids can can go away with conservative treatment. Have a search here on that, or do a google.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 31 May 2019, 15:55

I wasn’t sure if the tag was there before my LIS or after as a result of LIS. At first I thought maybe it was there before with the chronic fissure. Maybe it was so small that my CRS just did not see it or else he would have snipped it off along with the LIS. It would have been just a couple more stitches but maybe then my recovery might have been a lot more painful. The tag does not bother me as much now as the prolapsing hem does and the overall uncomfortable pressure feeling I experience throughout the afternoon/evening and after driving. Hard to put the feeling into words. A just ‘not quite right’ feeling in my anus! Ugh! But at the same time I am extremely grateful to be fissure free and to have a great CRS. The hems are my new obsession now I guess. I will google it some more like you said and keep gathering info. I am just always so aware of them now when I used to never really think about it. Anytime I feel down there and I feel the hem trying to push out it scares me. That is what I really want to get rid of or make go away! Will it retract all the way back up inside where it should be or remain where it is down low because of my age perhaps?
Deleted User 7692

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 31 May 2019, 16:17

Also what type of exam would be best to diagnose if it is an internal hem that is the source of my discomfort?
Deleted User 7692

Postby chachacha » 31 May 2019, 16:50

If the internal hemorrhoid is that close to the opening, I would imagine that your CRS could see it without a scope at all. Mine never retracted, so you'll need to do a search on that one.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 01 Jun 2019, 23:02

Hi chachacha. If yours never retracted, what did you end up doing? Did you have it removed?
Deleted User 7692