Small External Hemorrhoid w/Anal Tag Removal

Considering a Mini Hemmerhoidectomy and Tag Removal

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: Small External Hemorrhoid w/Anal Tag Removal

Postby chachacha » 01 Jun 2019, 23:08

No, I have several and they don't bother me at all.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 01 Jun 2019, 23:36

Ok so the tags do not bother you. Did you have any internal hemms that would prolapse? I feel like mine is mostly in anal canal. It feels strange/uncomfortable mostly all day. This is most of my problem. The tag does not bother me as much as the internal hem. I think I am going to get it removed along with the tag. If I can handle the LIS then I should be able to handle the second procedure. I’m hopeful. It’s all so scary. My CRS is very confident he can fix me.
Deleted User 7692

Postby chachacha » 01 Jun 2019, 23:58

You wouldn't believe my prolapsed hemmies, lol. All columns came out fully, and created a mass about the size of a golf ball. They would then have to be re-inserted (using my finger), after each and every bowel movement. I had no idea that I even had hemorrhoids when I was young though, and my situation took decades to become that extreme. You are nowhere near that state, and could still try to get it to heal on its own, or go under the knife. Good luck with your decision, it's always hard to make a choice.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 02 Jun 2019, 00:10

Oh you poor thing. How old are you? Did you get the golf ball mass removed? How old were you if you did, and how was your recovery? Any complications? Do you just have the extra skin tags left over?
Deleted User 7692

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 02 Jun 2019, 00:12

I’m afraid my internals and externals will get bigger if I leave them alone or if I have them cut out. Either way is scary to me.
Deleted User 7692

Postby chachacha » 02 Jun 2019, 08:46

I am 60 and had a hemorroidectomy a couple of years ago. No complications and I just have several tags outside. They don't bother me, even though they make cleaning more difficult, but I'm so grateful to no longer be in the extreme pain that they caused, so that makes the tags very worth it.

I wish that I could advise you, but there are no guarantees, so you'll have to figure out which route to take on your own.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 02 Jun 2019, 09:29

Thanks for your insight. My prolapsing internal causes a lot of discomfort. I guess since it remains in my anal canal where it does not belong. I am sure my CRS once in there will see it and know what to do with it as in remove it. And then he can remove the tag on the outside as well. I will be so nervous to go ahead with this surgery but hopeful this will fix me once and for all. Physically and mentally. Thanks for your help chachacha. This forum has been very comforting and very informative. Great group of people on here. Very supportive. Thank you :)
Deleted User 7692

Postby chachacha » 02 Jun 2019, 09:46

You're very welcome, and yes, this forum is the best! I hope that you come back after the surgery to let us know how it went.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 02 Jun 2019, 10:05

I will be back on here for sure with my progress, good or bad. Hopefully good!!
Deleted User 7692

Postby Okaybum » 08 Jul 2019, 02:42

One thing I learned about a colonoscopy, they'll remove them for you even if you're unaware. My hemm may have been causing the scrape on what I thought was my fissure. Removed with the colonoscopy
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8