Help

First time sufferer

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Help

Postby Bloodybum » 10 Jun 2019, 13:39

Just remember there will be pain sometimes, other times your body may just give you a break for some strange reason. I just got done with a nearly painless week right on the heels of one of the most painful, then yesterday was somewhere in between. Just try to accept whatever shenanigans your body puts you through in the meantime, stay as active as you can & live your life knowing there's an end to this nonsense incoming.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Katie123 » 10 Jun 2019, 14:21

Yes it’s so strange isn’t it! I have literally been in tears unable to do anything. Feeding my little boy whilst pacing up and down the house, then this morning was fine. I have 10 days until the surgeon so I’ll take any days I can with a little less pain but like you say tomorrow could be back to square one.
Praying the Botox and fissurectomy is going to have a lasting effect x
Katie123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Tryingtorelax » 13 Jun 2019, 12:15

Can I ask you guys...when you have a bowel movement how much are you bleeding? My bleeding has increased and I’m really confused why. Unless it is bleeding from an internal hemorrhoid. When you are having a flare up from your fissure do you bleed every time you have a bowel movement?
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Bloodybum » 13 Jun 2019, 12:45

When mine started I bled a lot. Well, initially it wasn't too crazy. But after a about a week when it really got established I was bleeding big fat streaks about 10 inches long on the stool, and have to wipe a couple times to get it all off my butt. After about 3 or 4 weeks of taking good care of it the bleeding finally slowed then stopped.

Are you seeing a doctor for this? Severe rectal bleeding is always a sign to get a good CRS involved, even if it's just standard fissure blood.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 13 Jun 2019, 13:06

Yes. I actually was able to move my LIS surgery up to Jun 18th. Of course I’m terrified but also praying that this helps me to heal. I’ve been dealing with this latest flare up for 7 weeks now and the pain is awful. I was bleeding minimally but the last few days it’s been worse. I really don’t know why.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Bloodybum » 14 Jun 2019, 09:33

Your LIS is two days before mine. Don't be terrified this is a good thing to do for chronic sufferers. The way I'm thinking of it is: if you have a big old skin tag and can't do the activities you normally would, this is a reasonable & wise choice so long as you trust your doctor.

My doc was very reassuring that this is a good call when it hasn't responded to normal modes of treatment. She said she's never had someone be less happy a month out of surgery than they were before surgery. You can go for years or even decades trying all kinds of crazy stuff and just limp along.

But LIS, though it does have some low level of risk and should not be anyone's first choice, is proven to be a very effective treatment that provides relief and lower levels of recurrence.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 14 Jun 2019, 16:53

Thank you so much for your reassuring words. I’m scared of all the what if’s. I’m a worrywart by nature which has definitely contributed to the situation I’m in now. I’m just really praying the surgery goes well and that the healing can begin. Please keep me posted on how yours goes.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Katie123 » 20 Jun 2019, 11:28

So had Botox this morning under general. Some pain now so taken paracetamol. Sooooooo scared go bm tomorrow morning......
Katie123
Salt Bather

Postby Tryingtorelax » 20 Jun 2019, 12:31

I hope it goes well and you get true relief soon!
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Postby Katie123 » 21 Jun 2019, 00:46

Well morning has come and yes probably too much info but had two bm. Neither were massively painful but spasms and burning now which is normal for me. I guess Botox takes around 72 hours to start having any effect so hanging to hope by Monday spasm may be slightly less. Doctor says 2 weeks and should start noticing a difference. Everything is crossed because life is pretty miserable with this nasty problem
Katie123
Salt Bather