I’m a New sufferer

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I’m a New sufferer

Postby Luv247 » 18 Jun 2019, 17:18

I’d like to thank the owner of this forum for creating this. I think finding this and learning that I’m not alone with this horrible ailment has already helped me considerably. So thank you! I’ve been suffering from my fissure for 4months now and am holding on to the optimism that I will not have to have surgery. I have experienced already a roller coaster ride of healing and sheer agony. I feel that this has been mostly due to my almost complete change in diet. I was already a fairly conscious eater but I wasn’t getting the fiber or protein I feel I needed. I am also working on keeping my diet as alkaline as possible. My morning celery or cucumber juice is a must and I drink lemon water all day long. My stools went through a variety of phases but are now of perfect consistency for the most part. However, two weeks ago I was on another positive uphill slope and decided I needed to get more exercise. I was tired of feeling stagnant and allowing the pain to get the best of me so I went to a swim Zumba class and started doing more Yoga again. This did cause some increased pain but I was willing to take it because physical exercise is important and I’d rather have a little set back than not. What I did do that was not smart was take a tramedol on a Friday for the pain. Thought I’d be ok bc I’d taken 1/2’s before and thought what’s another half? Well it took me down the next day. Stopped me up so bad I freaked out instead of just listening to my body and taking it easy. Basically I was frantically trying to poop and just stressed out my anus. Lesson learned. Don’t freak out. Relax and let your body do what it needs and take a gentle enema and or stool softener and let it come out slow and paced with deep breaths. I guess I got so hung up on the fact that I was healing, when that healing was threatened, I freaked out. The pain causes cloudiness so the best thing to do is just breath and go into it, I have found. So back at it.

Here is a brief summary of my healing modality:
In the morning I drink 16oz of fresh squeezed celery juice or cucumber juice. Then green tea the remainder of the morning. Throughout the day I insert homemade coconut oil and essential oil suppositories. I clean with cottonelle flushable wipes and a 70/40 water and peroxide mixture. I also purchased and installed a Bidet on my toilet. Love that thing!! Other treatments I’ve used are Desitine, bacitracin ointment, Witch hazel for cleaning, rective ointment, essential oils I’ve use in the suppositories: Fissure Oil from Optimal Health Network, Forces of Nature Fissure oil, frankincense, holy basil, and oregano oil. I have recently started using cocoa butter for a base as well as calmoseptine as a new ointment. I like the way both feel. Lastly, I do meditate and listen frequently to healing music and meditations.

Well that’s as brief as I could get it. Glad to be here and I wish you well on your journey to healing. If you have any questions about mine let me know. Peace, Love and Healing.

:thankyou:
Luv247
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: I’m a New sufferer

Postby chachacha » 18 Jun 2019, 22:20

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the introduction and I hope things go well for you going forward.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby appleapple » 18 Jun 2019, 23:10

Welcome! A fellow (fairly) new sufferer here. My ordeal started in late April/early May this year.

What's the benefit of keeping an alkaline diet?
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Luv247 » 18 Jun 2019, 23:29

Hello!

Thank you chachacha!

Hi appleapple, there are a few reason I’m focusing on lowering my PH. One is to balance out my gut health so that my stools are less toxic and pass through me with ease. The other reason is that I want to help my body heal itself. When our PH is too high our cells take nutrients from other parts of the body that need them. Our bodies want to heal naturally but we need to step in sometimes and participate in that healing. I think this article summarizes it pretty well. https://tacanow.org/family-resources/ba ... -alkaline/

Our digestive system is a very complex system and this ailment has really given me a new look on my health. I’m thankful for that in many ways. Cheers!
Luv247
Fibre Addict

Postby appleapple » 19 Jun 2019, 05:35

Luv247 - Thanks for the response! I'm super careful with my diet now and looks like I'm eating a lot of low PH food already. Lol. Phew. I am a sugar addict however, and it's hard for me to kick sugar completely. I don't dare to eat dessert anymore, but still satisfy my cravings with fruits and a few dried medjool dates a day. Lol.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 19 Jun 2019, 05:36

And re "this ailment has really given me a new look on my health" ---- I could not possibly agree more!!!!!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Luv247 » 19 Jun 2019, 09:14

Ha! Yes I love my treats too! I occasionally eat a Tate’s gluten free chocolate chip cookie, yikes.

Thanks for the inquiry. I hope you find healing soon!
Luv247
Fibre Addict

Postby appleapple » 20 Jun 2019, 14:48

how are you doing luv247?

I'm taking some time off work to heal but I have a 2.5 hour class to sit through on Tuesdays and Thursdays (in a non-formal setting, for personal growth/hobby), and haven't figured out a way to get through the 2.5 hours comfortably. Any wisdom to share?
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 20 Jun 2019, 14:54

i've bought forces of nature fissure oil too. how was your experience with it? for me I have absolutely no idea whether they did anything or not. I'm not using them now, but might go back and use up what I bought for maintenance purposes after I get better.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Luv247 » 20 Jun 2019, 23:56

Hi appleapple!

Well to be honest at this very moment I’m in a considerable amount of pain. I changed what I was using topically to, first, calmoseptine and today I just got some pranicura. Started that this evening and it’s somewhat excruciating. It’s very uncomfortable but they say that it might feel like it’s getting worse before it gets better so I’m trying to push through it. I was using zinc ointment at night and it gave me the same sense of pain but this is ten x worse. I’m gonna give it some time. That’s an important thing is to give what you try time to work. As far as the fissure oil I put mine in a coconut suppository. I really like how it felt. It was very soothing and probably would have continued to work if I hadn’t freaked out and went down hill. That’s when I changed my modality to the calmoseptine and now pranicura. What are you using topically now?

As far as the sitting you might have to get a donut, I bought a stand up desk for work so I don't have to sit all day because it’s the worst and it’s doesn't help to force yourself. At least it doesn’t work for me. Another thing I’m going to start doing regularly for awhile is the infared sauna. I bought a small one years ago and it supposed to help with cell rejuvenation. So we will see. I read today on this forum about someone using redlight therapy. I might try that too.

I hope you can figure out your class. Are you taking any pain pills? I take two Tylenol between 1-3pm about when my pain gets unbearable and then I take two motrin at night to sleep. That has worked for me for two months now so far. I am sure to take some type of fiber close administering doses. Get the donut and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. Your well-being is way more important than a few stares. :)
Luv247
Fibre Addict