Miralax Questions and issues

For those taking Miralax

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Miralax Questions and issues

Postby lytefall » 11 Sep 2017, 15:43

For those of you on miralax.....

Quick background. I had Fissurectomy and Dilation a couple months ago. Have since re-torn or now have a new fissure.

I switched from senekot to miralax almost a week ago now. I had to go up to 2 capfuls (34g) per day before I got a good soft BM. Since then my BMs have been much smaller and I feel as if I never fully empty by bowel. Prior to this (with the senekot) I had one morning BM with a large amount of stool (and felt as if I completely emptied out) and one smaller night time BM but they were still relatively firm and I was tearing regularly. Now I still only have 2 a day and both are small amounts, but soft. I constantly feel as if I need to have a BM but nothing is there unless I strain which I obviously don't want. I feel as if I have only traded fissure pain for abdominal discomfort. Ugh.

Did anyone still take senekot with the Miralax? Have I been on senekot so long now (almost 2 years) that my bowel is too lazy for the Miralax to work on its own?

Could anyone help with these questions plus maybe shed some insight on what works best for you? I can't get into my GP for a couple weeks and my CRS for almost 4.
lytefall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Miralax Questions and issues

Postby Tryingtorelax » 30 Jun 2019, 11:20

I know it’s been a long while since this was posted. Did you ever figure out what was causing you to feel like your bowels were not empty?
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby lytefall » 30 Jun 2019, 11:52

Hi. It was the spasm that was doing it. Just felt like rectal pressure but not so intense that it was completely recognizable as pressure.

I had Botox approx 1yr ago now and am down to approx 1/2 a capful twice a day and things are great. Unfortunately I had some lasting sphincter weakness from the dilation and fissurectomy so if I use too much I have some problems when coughing or sneezing. Also means i can never have the LIS without near 100% risk of permanent ncontinece Ugh

Anyway. My advice to anyone would be don’t do dilation or fissuretomy procedure. Botox followed by LIS if needed. The dilation and fissurectomy screwed everything up for me.
lytefall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Tryingtorelax » 30 Jun 2019, 13:04

Oh I’m so sorry about that. Thank you for responding and giving me information.
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Topics: 3