Stool

How to get smaller stool?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stool

Postby Jess0121 » 12 Jul 2019, 11:20

Hello all,
I am currently on my second chronic fissure. This one started when I was pregnant with my now 2 year old. Dr. Would only give me nifipediene while nursing, which did not heal the fissure (it did heal my first one). So for the last 2 years I avoided going bc I knew she wouldn’t given me the nitroglycerin. However, several months ago the pain got very bad after a setback and I decided a few weeks ago I could no longer manage it.
She prescribed me nitro, took me off míralas and gave me livinez, a tablet I take daily that pulls water into the colon.
She put me on this because I told her I was still experiencing large bowel movements even with the Miralax. However I can’t find a balance with this new tablet. I take that plus two tablets of Colace a day.
I either have very large, soft bowels or mush/almost diahrrea.
Last time I healed my fissure I was using miralax and active magnesium and had the perfect amount so I was having the soft “s”
Bowels. So now I am wondering if it is my diet. I just started my second round of carb cycling. So one day of high protein and fat, no fruits and one day of higher carbs. On my higher carbs day I am allowed to eat some fruit, potatoes, rice.
I notice rice makes the stool hard so I’m not eating much of that.
I was getting better on this new regimen and had no bleeding for several days but yesterday and today am bleeding again. Today my stool was soft but very large in girth. Does meat make the stool large?
I keep reading to eat fiber but I also read it bulks up the stool and I don’t want that.
Next step is Botox which I would really like to avoid and don’t think it makes much sense anyway if I’m still having giant stools.
What can I do to get stool size down?
Jess0121
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Stool

Postby Abu » 13 Jul 2019, 08:46

In my experience only fiber bulks the stool. Rest of the nutrients are usually absorbed and they form a very small percentage of stool. The most part of it is fiber which cannot be digested by our bodies.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby berzerker5220 » 14 Jul 2019, 05:44

Is Nifedipine a lot better for CAF than Nitro?
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Jess0121 » 14 Jul 2019, 13:19

berzerker5220 wrote:Is Nifedipine a lot better for CAF than Nitro?

I don’t know, it worked for me the first time but also I believe ending nursing had something to do with it as well.

I used it on this one and it did nothing. Nitro seemed to be helping but then it obviously re tore since I’m bleeding again.
Jess0121
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1