Anal fissure or hemorrhoids?

I'll briefly describe my situation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissure or hemorrhoids?

Postby xpaincake0 » 04 Aug 2019, 03:33

Hello community, new member here.

I'm not sure how to go about this so I'll just start explaining my situation -
I'm 26, M and lead a relatively sedentary lifestyle due to having a home office job and I'm overweight. ( I sit A LOT)
My issues started about 2, maybe 3 years ago, when I first noticed small drips of blood on my toilet paper after wiping. The stool in itself looked fine, maybe a drop of blood on it here or there, but nothing major. I don't precisely remember whether there was pain or not, there probably was though.
Fast-forward to months later (the initial issue lasted about 1-2 days), it occurred again, pretty much in the same manner.
I went on having similar bowel movements about 2-4 times a year, but the amount of blood on the toilet paper increased. There is also some variance now, as it doesn't always happen after hard-to-pass stools (although they are mostly the trigger). My last episode (about 2-3 days ago) lasted for about 4 days. There was some pain at the beginning, and some burning for the remainder of the duration. One of the bowel movements was diarrhea-like though, and that was still accompanied by blood on the T.P. (not the stool itself), which had never happened before and prompted me to look for a group of people with similar issues and present my situation.

So, my question is, basically, does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Could this be caused by an anal fissure or is it more likely to be caused by internal hemorrhoids?

Lastly, I'm currently starting to make changes in my lifestyle and diet - I'm trying to eat less, exercise a bit, do some of my work while standing at the desk rather than sitting and just trying to lose some weight in general, in the hopes that it might make a difference.

Thanks in advance for the input!
xpaincake0

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure or hemorrhoids?

Postby patience_and_healing » 05 Aug 2019, 14:22

I suggest you find a good colorectal surgeon and get a colonoscopy done. Symptoms such as yours should not be diagnosed over the internet, and it's best you see a doctor as soon as possible. Take care.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: Anal fissure or hemorrhoids?

Postby Okaybum » 06 Aug 2019, 03:38

To be honest, it really could be either one or both. Red blood means a wound close to the anus and usually nothing serious but not always. Fissures and hems can be irritated by diarrhea just as easily as hard stools. Honestly, I recommend going out and getting yourself a fiber supplement benefiber or fibercon is great. Do sitz baths after bm or at least before bed for 6 weeks. Fiber supplements are part of your life and I recommend sticking to them.

If this clears up in 6 weeks, then you're good. Ensure you're drinking heaps of water. If it doesn't improve or it returns again, then see a doctor for a professional opinion. If pain increases, same, see a doctor. Most acute fissures and small hemms heal on their own with some self care so start with self care.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8