April 2019 - now (back and forth; now in healed state)

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: April 2019 - now (almost healed! yay!)

Postby SeitenSenshi » 16 Aug 2019, 21:55

That's awesome!!!

I've been wanting to try Neosporin but kinda scared because it's technically for external use. Did you clean inside the anal canal beforehand, and did you apply it inside with your finger couple inches?
SeitenSenshi
Fibre Addict

Postby Lin_2010 » 17 Aug 2019, 08:05

Hey appleapple & seitensenshi - I posted recently about polysporin (which is similar to neosporin which is in the US). I'm not sure how deep my fissure is, but I've been applying it externally for the last week or two now, and it's the first time I've experienced any significant difference in healing. I was reluctant as well but like everyone on here, I'm just so exhausted by the two steps forward/three steps back in healing. I feel like it's a matter of just finding the right combination, but it takes time and testing different methods. All I can say is that since adding polysporin to my routine, I started my week out with a significant reduction in pain/bleeding. And now I've had 2 days in a row with no pain and no bleeding. My skin tag has decreased as well, I'm assuming since the area is not irritated as much anymore. I'm 2 years in with my chronic AF and am finally feeling good.

Here's my post polysporin-to-the-rescue-t25664.html

I do feel like we're all different in our healing journeys. I've read high fiber helps some but not others. Appleapple I'm like you...I've been battling the 'hard tip' and only miralax (restoralax here in Canada) has helped keep my BMs soft and easy to pass. I'm interested to hear how your proceed with your usage of miralax. I'm hesitant right now to stop using it as I'm finally making progress.

I hope this week brings you more reduction in pain!
Lin_2010
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby SeitenSenshi » 18 Aug 2019, 21:32

Lin_2010, that's very interesting, maybe applying it externally is enough for some of it to soak up inside. But then again, mine is quite far up. How much did you apply (a pea size)?
SeitenSenshi
Fibre Addict

Postby appleapple » 18 Aug 2019, 22:19

SeitenSenshi wrote:That's awesome!!!

I've been wanting to try Neosporin but kinda scared because it's technically for external use. Did you clean inside the anal canal beforehand, and did you apply it inside with your finger couple inches?

I didn't clean the inside particularly (like with enema or anything like that). In the morning I use baby wipes after BM, and then use shower head to 1) clean myself further, and 2) the water flow kind of massages that area. Then I apply Neosporin. And yes I do insert my fingers into the canal. I know where the fissure is so I try to get the cream there.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby appleapple » 18 Aug 2019, 22:24

Lin - The pain is almost gone but some discomfort still lingers, and there are definitely things that still remind me that I have a fissure. Lol. I intend to stay on Miralax (1 cap a day) for at least another month, or until I feel zero indication of fissure whatsoever and then plus two weeks. I'm ready to stay on it even longer if I need to.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Lin_2010 » 20 Aug 2019, 15:49

SeitenSenshi wrote:Lin_2010, that's very interesting, maybe applying it externally is enough for some of it to soak up inside. But then again, mine is quite far up. How much did you apply (a pea size)?

Yeah I would say about pea size. I'm not sure where mine is to be honest. I think mine's more exterior / some interior. But yeah, it might be worth a try. I'm surprised the difference it's made compared to the prescription creams I've tried so far.
Lin_2010
Salt Bather

Postby Lin_2010 » 20 Aug 2019, 15:51

appleapple wrote:Lin - The pain is almost gone but some discomfort still lingers, and there are definitely things that still remind me that I have a fissure. Lol. I intend to stay on Miralax (1 cap a day) for at least another month, or until I feel zero indication of fissure whatsoever and then plus two weeks. I'm ready to stay on it even longer if I need to.

I'm with you on all the above too. If I have a larger than usual BM, I can sense it's still there. But I'm having so many more good days now. Fingers crossed. I hope things continue to progress for you as well!
Lin_2010
Salt Bather

Postby appleapple » 24 Aug 2019, 09:25

8/24 Saturday

Well this week I'm stuck in the "almost healed" zone. Last Thursday I had the first BM where the hemmie push-back was totally pain free. That hasn't happened since. I still have to support/press my bum when passing stool and I still feel bruising/tenderness when the stool passes the site. After BM, tightness/tenderness last for a few hours, but it's dull and minor so it doesn't interfere with life that much. I have no trouble sitting down immediately after a BM (although I would feel a bit tight down there.)

Weird thing is my fissure pain used to come from mostly from the left. Now it seems to be coming from the right. (Easy test: spread my butt cheek and compare the sensations I feel.)

Weird thing #2: Now I can insert my index finger deeper into the canal and I can feel a lump of extra tissue on the wall of the end of my colon, near the anal canal. Have no idea what this lump this. Doesn't hurt to touch. It's not in any solid form (like a round lump or something); it just feels like extra folds and tissue. Anyone has any wisdom to share? I haven't had any form of -scopy yet (with unhealed fissure) and digital examination never went this far to discover this lump.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Re: April 2019 - now (almost healed?? last stretch!)

Postby patience_and_healing » 25 Aug 2019, 10:40

It's probably an internal hemorrhoid. You should consult a doctor if it worries you. They can do a digital exam and check.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: April 2019 - now (almost healed?? last stretch!)

Postby appleapple » 27 Aug 2019, 10:11

patience_and_healing wrote:It's probably an internal hemorrhoid. You should consult a doctor if it worries you. They can do a digital exam and check.

I think you are right! I did a bit more probing (with my fingers) and think if I follow that cluster of "weird tissue" I can feel the hem that keeps coming out during BM.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist