The leakage after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: The leakage after LIS

Postby embarrasedguy1971 » 25 Aug 2017, 19:44

Hi Sal,
Hope your procedure went well!

Thank you, Davo, for sharing your thoughts. I'm checking on every box, except perhaps the last one. Hope to get there soon though!

I'm 8 days into my post op, no change in status since my last update. I still have that bean hanging off of my tortured orifice. Hopefully it will go away soon, and I'll have a success story to share with y'all.

In the meantime, CBD oil is helping a ton in keeping my anxiety at bay. To those of you who may be in the same boat, please give it a try. It is not inexpensive but every bit worth it.

-eG
embarrasedguy1971
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sitibu » 14 Aug 2018, 02:37

I noticed that leakage problem after LIS is under reported and surgeon most of the times did not inform patient on the risks.

I hope this forum can raise more awareness to avoid ppl go through this unnecessary surgery if possible.

If you have done LIS before

1. Please state number of years of your surgery
2. Do you have leakage problem?
3. When the leakage get started?
3. If yes, how does the leakage problem happened? is it after pass motion?
4. When the leakage happened, are you aware? or you do no know until you find out during next toilet visit?
5. How frequent the leakage? Daily? or intermittent depending on the stool
6. If you dont mind, please state your age, sex, married, any child birth delivery
sitibu
Fibre Addict

Postby Jimoffy » 15 Aug 2019, 09:10

I had lis and I have a similar problem it’s only been 6 weeks for me but I have and expected some leakage, and also hard to wipe clean after a bm, but I couldn’t care less about the slight leakage. The improvement from the 10/10 pain I was in was instant, I’m now on like 1/10 pain. Still healing I think but god I just laugh at the slight leakage compared to the pain I was in. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby ansi2019 » 07 Sep 2019, 09:11

Thank god i don't have this problem after 35 days out of my LIS surgery.
All i have now is that yellowish / kind of Greenish thing coming when i wipe myself before putting those pomades giving to me by my doctor.

May i ask you guys, the ones that made their LIS 3 - 6 months ago, did that yellowish / kind of Greenish leak stopped?
How long does it take to not see it again?
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Postby Jimoffy » 08 Sep 2019, 19:10

ansi2019 wrote:Thank god i don't have this problem after 35 days out of my LIS surgery.
All i have now is that yellowish / kind of Greenish thing coming when i wipe myself before putting those pomades giving to me by my doctor.

May i ask you guys, the ones that made their LIS 3 - 6 months ago, did that yellowish / kind of Greenish leak stopped?
How long does it take to not see it again?

I had that leakage for about 8 weeks. Stopped recently, and I’m pain free and 100% normal. I’ve done some huge dry hard poos recently with no pain.
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby ansi2019 » 09 Sep 2019, 07:18

Jimoffy wrote:I had that leakage for about 8 weeks. Stopped recently, and I’m pain free and 100% normal. I’ve done some huge dry hard poos recently with no pain.

Thank you so much man, i can't wait to reach those 3 more weeks to see if this leak stops before going back to doctor, you just saved me lots of dilemma, was thinking of going back to doctor again (went to him after 2 weeks from the surgery though & he said everything is great). Now i'll just wait these 3 more weeks before making another check.

I still have some itching after BM (my BM is so soft & great, can't complain) that i calm down using the pomade(s) i have & i also have some other itching when sleeping like 3 - 4 AM, kinda better now than last couple days tbh which was kinda unbearable.

Is this ok man, the itching part? I feel it like in the surgery area, kind of stings sometimes.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Postby sitibu » 19 Apr 2020, 06:28

Just to give my update, after LIS surgery of 1.5 years (did in June 2018, 75% of internal spinchster musle was cut according to dr.)

Recently i notice my panty has some liquid leak. 2 occurence.

Yesterday while working, a small solid stool was on my panty. I discover it when i went to pee.

I do not encourage female to perform this surgery.

I m age 45, unmarried. Healthy female who doesnt has any leakage problem before the surgery.
sitibu
Fibre Addict