How long Serous and Pus Drainage Continues?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

How long Serous and Pus Drainage Continues?

Postby Animom » 03 Oct 2020, 08:16

Hi All,My mother had complex horseshoe abscess. About 10 weeks back abscess was drained and two of the the fistula tracts were laid open and seton was placed in one of the tracts. 10 weeks down the lane two open tracts seems to be healed with just small visible opening but we see around 10-12 drops of drainage once in week ( mostly red and think sometimes mixed with bit of pus). Wondering whether others also had similar experience and is it a sign of tract being left behind? She has minimal/no pain in wounds and discharge is not smelly, green or black.
Thanks in advance for help!
Animom

Topics: 1

Re: How long Serous and Pus Drainage Continues?

Postby Savaici » 06 Oct 2020, 08:03

I really suggest that you speak with your mother's doctor about this. There are a few posts on the subject here, but these sort of questions are difficult to answer by a non-medical person.m

If you look below your and my post, you will see some posts with possibly the same symptoms.

:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222