What to do?

Need help decide what to do.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What to do?

Postby NoahJames » 02 Oct 2020, 14:51

Dear all

I have been dealing with AF and anal stenosis for around 3 years. I have tried almost everything: Sitz bath, LaxaClear (Costco version of Miralax), ointments (Nitro, and two others), physical therapy (8 sessions, very expensive), self dilation (Dilatan & others), Hydro-C colonic moisturizer and other GutSense products (it's a big scam, don't buy). I have been able to cure the fissure by taking Magensium Oxide pills (like magic) but the anal stenosis is still there and giving me a really hard time. I don't have much pain during bowel movements (which is strange) but bowel movement is a pain in the butt since it requires a lot of effort and the fact that I get a lot of discomfort/irritation in scrotum/anus/ area afterwards or even at night.

The stool is either too hard to come out easily or or even when it's soft, comes out with a lot of effort.

I used to have 3-5 bowel movements /day easily but after a fecal impaction, everything changed. Even now, the food moves fast in my digestive system but can't come out as often because of the stenosis. Therefore, the stools are very large and often hard in the morning. Usually only 1 bowel movement per day.

I am considering surgery since everything else has failed. Everything has worked partially and temporarily. Such as stubborn problem. Sometimes I want to kill myself (not really but it's so frustrating).

Do you believe there is any other way other than surgery? Used to be concerned about it's side effects especially incontinence but the problem has become so chronic that made me to consider surgery (LIS) much more seriously.

Thanks in advance
NoahJames

Topics: 1

Re: What to do?

Postby Savaici » 06 Oct 2020, 08:09

Welcome to the group. May I suggest that you read the posts by SuzyLJank. Just do a search in the little search engine on the right side of the page, just under the picture at the top of the page. She had surgery for stenosis, if I recall. Her original post after surgery is worth reading.

Sorry you are suffering!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: What to do?

Postby NoahJames » 07 Oct 2020, 22:54

Thank you Savaici, will do. I saw that she had to do dilation even after the surgery. Makes me not wanting to do surgery. I am already doing dilation and it helps a little bit and temporarily.
NoahJames

Topics: 1

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion