Confused about hemorrhoids

Bleeding even with soft BM?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Confused about hemorrhoids

Postby MirandaYvonne » 01 Aug 2020, 11:51

I’ve suffered both from fissures and hemorrhoids for a couple of years now. I believe I had a fissure again a couple weeks ago but I’m pretty sure it’s healed now (I’ve been getting used to telling the two kinds of pain apart). I know I have another hemorrhoid flare up though, since I’ve been having pain from that on and off this week. Yesterday and today I had a teeny tiny bit of blood when I wiped, and then some mild pain for a few hours down there. What I’m confused about is today I had an incredibly easy and soft BM, like it slid out absolutely no problem or pain. So I don’t understand why I bled today. I thought that hemorrhoids only bled when they were irritated by a harder BM, but am I wrong? Also, do only internal ones bleed? I think I might have an external one (I can never get a good look so I don’t know for sure) but I never know which kind are bleeding.

My bigger issue with these rectal problems is that it creates a lot of anxiety. I feel close to panicking right now just because I’ve bled two days in a row which isn’t the norm for me. I’m just so tired of these persistent issues and I don’t know how to fix it permanently.

Btw, usually when hemorrhoids get bad I use a hydrocortisone suppository, but today I put some Prep H with lidocaine on there. Hoping for a pain free day and praying this stuff shrinks it. Any advice or response is appreciated!
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Confused about hemorrhoids

Postby brent1981 » 20 Nov 2020, 01:31

I don't have any advice, but I can offer sympathy. I've had very similar issues to you. A totally normal, soft bowel movement, yet blood. It seems random. And there's always anxiety every morning for me, since I don't know if "this is the day" that begins a month and a half of pain. That's how long it lasts for me anyhow. Have one bowel movement with blood, then a month of very harsh pain from the fissure. Then it heals magically, I have a month or two or three off of pain, then back again. It's a recurring cycle. It really sucks. I don't know how to fix it either. For me, it got worse when I got banding for some hemorrhoids I didn't even know I had (I actually went in for them to look at the fissure, but it had almost healed, then they found the hemorrhoids). Yeah, that banding procedure then led to me getting an abscess, and then a fistula, and yeah... it's like adding all new sorts of pain and suffering on top of the fissure and everything. It sucks so much doesn't it?

And it seems like there's not much we can do either than eat really good. I am really interested in any home remedies or treatments. Thanks in a way to the pandemic, I work from home now, so have enjoyed the relief of sits baths. I can't imagine having what I have now without those.

So yeah, I highly recommend sitting in the tub three times a day. I also have this ointment that really works wonders. The main ingredient in it is Hydrocortisone-17-Valerate. It makes the itching go away and some pain. And as for a painkiller, I just discovered Ibuprofen. I know, that sounds silly... like who hasn't tried that before, right? Well, I never really tried much other than Tylenol but one day I felt so much pain I went to the drug store and bought a variety of painkillers to try. I dunno why I was timid, but I hate taking any kind of drugs. Well, now I take ibuprofen almost daily. What a HUGE help it has been.

But yeah, I think we may both need surgery to make this go away forever. I am going to pursue this option now, since I can't take much more of this.
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3