Lis 3 yrs ago, AMA

My ups and downs through these years.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Lis 3 yrs ago, AMA

Postby Baker 700 » 12 Mar 2021, 19:33

Ask Me Anything.

Sorry y’all are here or going through pain. Imagine the amount of peeps that don’t post here, well, here’s mine.
I used to be on here as Walking Wednesday, I had hems and some popcorn kernels split me. 5 Drs later I found a good one, miralax is the best, Metamucil is a close second but it’s what you eat that counts. Couldn’t have done it without Miralax.
Stress is my trigger and chocolate and milk. Hems internal are a bummer and I take 3 caps of miralax every day sometimes less sometimes more. Feel free to message me. It’s a lifelong commitment and change in diet, but you will be okay.
Baker 700

Topics: 1

Re: Lis 3 yrs ago, AMA

Postby ThePooga » 23 Apr 2021, 00:19

Hi,

Just wondering about your recovery journey. I’m 6 weeks in and everything was looking good, but then just driving home from a day out and I started to get pain.

This might sound odd - but can you tell me exactly what your fissure pain was like?

I don’t know where my fissure is as the surgeon only found it on exploratory surgery (LIS was agreed if needed beforehand).
Is it one very specific spot, just a few cm in? A burning sensation that ebbs and flows?

Any advice would be appreciated
ThePooga

Re: Lis 3 yrs ago, AMA

Postby ken2021 » 12 Aug 2021, 00:21

ThePooga wrote:Hi,

Just wondering about your recovery journey. I’m 6 weeks in and everything was looking good, but then just driving home from a day out and I started to get pain.

This might sound odd - but can you tell me exactly what your fissure pain was like?

I don’t know where my fissure is as the surgeon only found it on exploratory surgery (LIS was agreed if needed beforehand).
Is it one very specific spot, just a few cm in? A burning sensation that ebbs and flows?

Any advice would be appreciated

Hey Im 4 weeks post LIS is it normal to still have sore feeling in the opening area?
ken2021
Salt Bather

Topics: 1