CRS says it's healed - it's NOT!

Help!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

CRS says it's healed - it's NOT!

Postby can-cervive » 18 Mar 2021, 14:08

Hi there,
For the past 8 months, I have been reading all of the great advice in this forum. Today, after my flexible sigmoid scope I decided to join for some help. I've been suffering with the fissures for 8 months and am now at an impasse.

Quick backstory: was diagnosed with breast cancer while 8 months pregnant. Pregnancy was induced, a healthy baby girl and started treatment. About 3 weeks into chemotherapy - BAM!! Anal Fissures galore. (And I mean galore. I had 5 anal fissures all at once because the chemo drugs had damaged the skin down there, no estrogen due to baby delivery + chemo and all the meds I was on made me constipated). Saw a CRS who followed me closely throughout chemo and assured me fissures should heal post-chemo as I had no other underlying reason for the fissures. I finished chemo 4 months ago and still no healing... 2 fissures are now chronic with skin tags now due to delayed healing.
In terms of remedies I have tried:
- diltiazem/nitro - CRS
- antibiotics (flagyl) - CRS
- manuka honey - naturopath
- laxatives for 5 months straight - CRS
- olive oil and coconut oil - naturopath
- aloe vera - naturopath
- lube up before each movement
- preparation H wipes after each movement
- vegetarian diet, high fibre, lots of water
I am now trying ozone oil - we'll see. All of the above is helpful, for sure, but it's not healing it. I want botox or surgery so I saw my CRS today for the scope...
Anyways, the purpose of my post: today I had my sigmoid scope. The enema was BRUTAL (sodium phosphate stinging was horrible on the poor fissures) but otherwise o-kay. However...MY CRS SAID HE COULD NOT SEE THE FISSURES AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BOTOX OR SURGERY BECAUSE "HE CANNOT EVEN SEE THEM".
I am beyond frustrated. How can I have 8 months of passing glass followed by intense spasm/burning pain all day, only to be told he cannot see anything? I will admit that lately bleeding has slowed down from every single time (during chemo) to probably bleeding once every 4-5 days or so.

What does this mean and what do I do now? Has anyone else experienced this?
For a disclaimer: I am not imagining this! I have had 3 surgeries, a bilateral double mastectomy, reconstruction, lymph node removal, 8 rounds of chemotherapy, hospitalized twice during chemo with life-threatening infections while immunocompromised and can safely say the fissures have been BY FAR THE WORST OF IT ALL. Yet I am being told they are not there and he will see me in a month? Help!
can-cervive
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: CRS says it's healed - it's NOT!

Postby missy moo » 15 Jun 2021, 23:30

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough ride but I'm shocked that you said the fissure (s) have been the worst my goodness just goes to show just how horrendous they are. If i was you i would be getting a second opinion and have someone else take a look it could be see just while in clinic and without a scope. I really hope you get the help an healing you deserve very soon.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby can-cervive » 22 Jun 2021, 10:14

Thanks Missy!

I have a second opinion scheduled for next week. Since writing this post, my original CRS also agreed to do the Botox which I had two weeks ago. No improvement yet... :(

I read one of your posts where you said your fissure was white and puffy even though you were on antibiotics - same thing happened to me post-Botox. Did you ever find out what that was from? (Your post was years ago).

Generally, how are you? I've read a lot of your posts - are you fully healed at this point? I'm so hopeless that it'll ever get better...
can-cervive
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 22 Jun 2021, 16:50

I'm not healed but I've delivered another baby since my botox so that didn't help also I'm not sure if botox is that great really its probably 50/50 with a chronic fissure. I hope it works for you. It did help my fissure alot like it made the gaps between flears longer an the flear up shorter if that makes sense. I'll be getting the flap or lis next.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Jul 2021, 08:30

Hi,

how awful. that sounds unbearable - you've been through so much. I have similar symptoms where pain is always there but the fissures weren't visible to the doctors, I also didn't have any blood. I've now started dilating every day twice a day with some oil from a company called Face Theory as I was sure it was my scar tissue stretching too far which caused the pain, I've been suffering since 2019 with these god awful rips in my bum. this morning for the first time I've not had pain or spasming. I'm not sure if that is down to my dilatation or this oil I'm using but I feel happy for the first time in ages. I've had Botox 3 times, I've had scar revision surgery, stenosis surgery, GTN, nifedipine, used manuka honey, aloe vera, it makes me shake my head thinking over how much money I've spent over the years.

I can't guarantee an oil or cream or dilating will fix things for you - but I hope you find some relief soon. maybe see if the pelvic floor physio could have a look at how tight your pelvic floor is? that could be making sings worse.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56