Day 1 Advancement Flap

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Day 1 Advancement Flap

Postby missy moo » 13 Apr 2021, 14:46

Thanks for your reply. The pain you get now is it egnorable so just a bit of soreness that fades away? Did the surgeon explain what he did ie remove fissure skin tag and do a vy flap or u flap there are apparently different ones.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Lsfb1989 » 13 Apr 2021, 15:00

Yes its soreness just after using the toilet, I feel its cos skin has been moved around - its stretching.

Im not sure exactly what type of flap, its skin from the 12 o’clock position moved to about the 2 o’clock position (if you were looking at it).
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby missy moo » 13 Apr 2021, 17:32

Ok thanks an how long does the pain last? Is it very mild would you say like a 1 or a 2 out of 10 like much better then fissure pain after using the toilet?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 18 Jun 2021, 22:28

Back again had my little fissure break just the norm. I also hace tried all the creams and have had 2 rounds of botox. I'm just sick mostly of the pain during a bm that sharp razor blade kinda pain thats is what I'm most sick of i can handle the soreness afterwards. Im just wondering what kind of pain you now get? Is it pain different to the fissure? Thanks so much an sorry for bugging you I'm still in that pre op desperate place you once were at.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Rebsyp0395 » 03 Aug 2021, 18:11

Hi, hope you’re doing well! Might I ask what makes a person not a good candidate for LIS and why they advised against it for you guys? I’ve just had first Botox fissurectomy and not sure whether it’s worked so maybe need to advance to next step? Potentially, I don’t know that for certain yet. From reading all these forum posts the mind boggles at what I could have in store for the future - and it’s worrying as hell tbh!
:butthurts:
Rebsyp0395
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 18 Aug 2021, 02:39

Its because during childbirth you can damage your anal muscle resulting in some/alot of weakness incontinence, so if you have lis which is to cut the anal muscle then have a baby vaginally and by chance you damage your anal muscle you may need diapers for the rest of your life. C-section is an option in some places but not here in NZ
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Rebsyp0395 » 18 Aug 2021, 15:51

Wow omg interesting! Thanks for that lol.
Not sure if it’s the same here in the UK! I will remember this tho for future in case the Botox injections I had don’t work?
Rebsyp0395
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 18 Aug 2021, 17:56

Its a risk probably a small 1 since really damaging your anal muscle during childbirth isn't common at all. Also maybe something to do with weaking the pelvic floor during birth too but that can be fixed and again isnt that common i mean its common to slightly weaken it ie coughing sneezing can cause a little wee to come out that's more common but not being able to hold stool in after childbirth due to either weakened pelvic floor or anal damage is no common. Long story short its a low risk but 1 some doctors can be hesitant to take.
missy moo
King Fissure