Fissurectomy: Post Hemorrhoids

Hemorrhoidal tissue after surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissurectomy: Post Hemorrhoids

Postby posertiermadness » 03 Jun 2021, 18:57

I had Fissurectomy done May 10 and it reduced my overall constant excruciating pain, but I still have the sharp mild, sometimes moderate fissure area pain. I usually feel better after sleeping at night. No bleeding. No straining for BM at all.

1. Should the fissure be better than this after almost 4 weeks? A week ago CRS said looks like it’s healing, but I feel like I’ve plateaued since about 1.5-2wks post or at best an inch improvement a day up Everest (with 1/2-3/4 inch back by end of day).

2. I had the swollen bump after that others talk about and it has gone down somewhat. CRS said it is Hemorrhoidal tissue, but that info does not change that I haven’t sat down for almost 4 weeks (been mostly standing and walking during the day). When I’ve tried the pain builds quickly and I don’t want to go back to that excruciating, hopeless place. Have others had swollen Hemorrhoidal tissue just outside the fissure area after surgery? ... not been able to sit at all?
posertiermadness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fissurectomy: Post Hemorrhoids

Postby Hicks » 29 Jun 2021, 17:28

It depends because everyone is unique, but in my case fissurectomy didn't help at all. Fissurectomy alone is not very popular nowadays, because as far as I know, the core problem - spasms of sphincter - aren't dealt with. In my opinion, it should always be done along with Botox. And another fact is, fissurectomy is well known for longer recoveries, it takes longer to see improvement in comparison with LIS. I personally know people who managed to heal after fissurectomy + botox, but it took them over a year to heal completely.
Hicks

Re: Fissurectomy: Post Hemorrhoids

Postby posertiermadness » 30 Jun 2021, 00:00

Thanks Hicks. Yeah, my recent thought was if it didn’t heal initially 2yrs ago (Fresh wound) why would it heal now with fissurectomy (fresh wound).

I insisted on another follow up and told him I go through a cycle of healing/tearing every week as well as that I have accepted I need LIS. He just shrugged his shoulders and said it looked like it is healing (it happened to be during the few days that it is healing and now I’m back in the few days of tearing…and so on). He suggested I see his colleague if it flared again (Um, so 2 days later?). I happen to be as or more educated than him with expertise in differential diagnostic process. Despite being diplomatic in saying so, I don’t think he appreciated me then telling him to stop using Occam‘s razor on something that required more than a simple explanation. Surgeons cut and have no clue about early healing process when there is usually no follow up during that initial period unless something catastrophic happens.

Like most here I do all I can to keep the symptoms at bay, but doing so simply allows the physician to underestimate the degree of the problem. As such, it looks like it’s healing so I don’t need LIS, but I don’t sit down at all and my diet is extremely limited and PEG daily. I eat so much fiber I don’t need a supplement!
posertiermadness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5