28y/o Gay Guy

Should I Get LIS Surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

28y/o Gay Guy

Postby cincybrah » 11 Jul 2021, 15:30

hello everyone :)

as the title says i am a 28 year old gay guy who lives in ohio. i have been having pretty consistent issues with an anal fissue that took over a year and a half to fully 'heal' and my doctor told me that he sees a scar from where it was/is.

so while it has largely healed the scar has opened once or twice and bled a LOT since the beginning of the year. i took rectiv for a bit that caused me really bad side effects and it helped a bit but not as much as this cream i've been on for the last several weeks. i haven't had any bleeding for a month or so but today i stretched my sphincter more than usual and there was a serious amount of discomfort but still no blood, luckily, but it made me extremely nervous. and when i get nervous about opening the fissure i have a really hard time using the toilet.

as a gay guy though i am extremely concerned with when i am having sex as i wont be able to control what's going in there or how big the guy might be and i don't want to have any pain or an embarrassing encounter or to have to worry about that for the rest of my life.

i'm wondering if you guys think it would be wise for me to get the surgery? i don't really know much about it but i really need that fissure to just be completely removed and to hopefully have minimal scarring but idk if that's even how the surgery works. i see my doctor in two days and that's when we were going to decide if i should get the surgery.

i would appreciate any thoughts or advice! :)
cincybrah

Topics: 1

Re: 28y/o Gay Guy

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jul 2021, 16:27

Hey there,

I’m also a gay male and have suffered from a few fissures over the course of 7 years or so. Mine wasn’t caused by sex and I’ve had no sex life for the past 7 years as it would be too painful.

I’ve had surgery twice, Botox, you name it ive done it. Sadly the surgery left horrible scar tissue which caused all my pain over the last few months. Have a look at the diary forum and read my post, I’ve been dilating nearly every day and using nifedipine when I felt a tear and now just using some vitamin c and e oil. It’s been a lifesaver!!

Big hugs buddy I know how tough it is. Drop me a PM if you need to chat.

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56