You can survive this!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

You can survive this!

Postby CM in VA » 28 Jul 2021, 22:00

When my fissure first occurred, I was in so much pain I thought I might never eat again. I also considered that it might not be worth living. BELIEVE ME, I understand how much pain you new folks are in. 9 months later, even after a failed LIS, I am enjoying life. LIS sucked, recovery was challenging. And when I realized it failed (fissure still existed), I cried and cried and I was ready to give up hope. BUT - months went by and with the help of the nifedepine, it eventually just stopped hurting. My CRS said that might happen and I doubted him. I still use nifedepine occasionally, and I eat as much fiber as I can (citrucell twice a day, every meal and snack consisting of at least half high-fiber components) but it's almost like I'm normal. Wanted to share - - there is hope the pain will stop even if the fissure doesn't heal. And I have numerous skin tags but I'm "working around them". Good luck all, hang in there, give it time and you might come out okay on the other side. (I know there are people on here who have suffered longer than 9 months and are still suffering and I am so sorry for those folks, but everyone is different.)
CM in VA
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: You can survive this!

Postby ken2021 » 03 Aug 2021, 10:47

It's sad that LIS failed :( I am now 19days post OP LIS and skin tag removal still feel pain
ken2021
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Rebsyp0395 » 03 Aug 2021, 17:57

Wow unfortunate that LIS didn’t work for you, sorry to hear that! But great you have no more pain!What actually happened to cause it to not hurt, if you don’t mind me asking? There is hope after all! I have had anal pain for nearly 2 years now -a chronic tear for 2 goddamn years! - and have just had Botox fissurectomy myself a week ago. No improvement yet and awful pain after going to the toilet which is actually worse than before the Botox procedure for me! So good to know there may be a light at the end of this crap(lol) tunnel!
:bestwishes: :butthurts:
Rebsyp0395
Fibre Addict

Postby CM in VA » 04 Aug 2021, 08:16

Ken 2021 and Rebsyp0395, so sorry to hear about your struggles. After the LIS, I soaked 4 times a day in water as hot as I could stand for 10 to 15 minutes using a sitz bath on the toilet (available at medical supply stores) followed by application of diltiazem. Citrucell twice a day, fiber gummies, high fiber food. After a while, I was feeling good and hopeful, but my CRS said fissure was not healing and new skin tag developing. Went to a second CRS after a few months and he said I could stop the soaking, switched me to nifedine, and said if you continue to feel good, okay to whittle down the nifepine to only using as needed. So that's what I've done. He said if it was still a problem we could do botox or second LIS but I might just find that I could live with it. I think it was necessary to have the LIS to get here. Good luck, all!
CM in VA
Fibre Addict

Postby ken2021 » 07 Aug 2021, 02:53

CM in VA wrote:Ken 2021 and Rebsyp0395, so sorry to hear about your struggles. After the LIS, I soaked 4 times a day in water as hot as I could stand for 10 to 15 minutes using a sitz bath on the toilet (available at medical supply stores) followed by application of diltiazem. Citrucell twice a day, fiber gummies, high fiber food. After a while, I was feeling good and hopeful, but my CRS said fissure was not healing and new skin tag developing. Went to a second CRS after a few months and he said I could stop the soaking, switched me to nifedine, and said if you continue to feel good, okay to whittle down the nifepine to only using as needed. So that's what I've done. He said if it was still a problem we could do botox or second LIS but I might just find that I could live with it. I think it was necessary to have the LIS to get here. Good luck, all!

Did your fissure heal? 100%?
ken2021
Salt Bather

Postby CM in VA » 08 Aug 2021, 18:19

Ken2021 - It did not. It's still there, but the pain is minimal.
CM in VA
Fibre Addict

Postby ken2021 » 09 Aug 2021, 00:47

CM in VA wrote:Ken2021 - It did not. It's still there, but the pain is minimal.

Aw sorry for that, I am hoping that mine was closing, because i didnt feel the fissure pain now, only the skin tag removal and left LIS area , minimal pain only for these 2 wounds, the deep fissure seems to be closing no pain from there
ken2021
Salt Bather

Postby Keystonegal » 12 Dec 2021, 23:16

Ugh I’m back in here. 9mo post LIS. I was doing great and finally was able to put the diltiazem away after not having issues for two solid months and I’ve retorn and I hurt. Not nearly as painful as it was pre-op but I hurt. At my two month follow up my tear hadn’t healed so I’m assuming it never fully did. Seeing surgeon again tomorrow. I would like for the rodeo to end!!!
Keystonegal
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3