How I am healing my fissure

Try this, it may help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: How I am healing my fissure

Postby Worstyear » 09 Aug 2021, 18:23

I'm still with the nitro twice a day, some ibuprofen and vaseline. I can't apply it that often as 12 times but I do it each time I go to the bathroom (which is a lot LOL)
This is the 4th day, I hope that helps! I'm applying solid white vaseline. I'll update you next week. It seems to burn a little bit sometimes but I think I'm so anxious and aware of the zone I can't be objective!
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby missy moo » 19 Aug 2021, 18:56

Bottom Gun wrote:I have suffered from an anal fissure for 13 years.

Have done sitz baths, used Boudreaux Butt Paste (a great help), and taken Muralax for several years (helps a lot).

NOW I BELIEVE I AM CURING THE FISSURE ITSELF!

This is what I do:

1. Clean area as best you can.
2. Apply a thimbleful of Vaseline. Try to get some inside.
3. Protect your underwear with a pad or paper napkin.
4. Repeat about 12 times daily.
5. Continue for 4 weeks.

I am in my 18th day of doing this and truly believe the fissure is healed. No more pain, no more blood. No more swelling. Note – I am continuing to take 1 tablespoon Muralax daily. I don’t need a difficult stool to ruin the progress I’ve made.

Progress to date:

days 1-5. No noticeable changes
days 6-8, notable improvements, spotting is diminishing
day 9 spotting has stopped, no more pain
days 10- today, I believe the fissure has healed

This is an adaptation of the technique my surgeon prescribed to heal the 3” scar following a recent surgery to remove a small skin cancer on my neck. I thought – if it will work there, why not adapt this on other parts of the body. I think that a fissure is similar to a surgical scar, only smaller (thou it feels as big as the Grand Canyon).

This is definitely working for me. Vaseline and paper napkins are cheap.

I would try to avoid surgery or Botox treatment. I had hemorrhoid surgery many years ago, that recovery was difficult.

After my 4 weeks are over I intend to continue with the daily Muralax indefinitely, I NEVER want another fissure in my life.

Let this forum know if this works for anyone else, and good luck!

Hey bottomgun
I'm doing the Vaseline now day 2 and its going good I'm also making myself have a bm morning and night so they are both soft instead of 1 hard tipped bm a day. I'm using magnesium citrate and vit c to encourage the evening bm. I'm only using Vaseline 4x a day before and after my 2 bms but I'll try add in a midday application. Will update you and anyone else reading as i go. :pray:
Last edited by missy moo on 19 Aug 2021, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 19 Aug 2021, 18:59

Also moist healing is much better then dry healing so it makes sence. Something to do with the skin fiber endings being frayed when dry.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 19 Aug 2021, 19:12

Missy, that sounds great. Keep your fissure coated with vaseline day and night so no irritants can disrupt the healing process. Also, it is very important to prevent difficult BMs, so that is why I recoment murilax. At this stage any progress con be reversed if a difficult BY re-opens the fissure before it has time to heal.

Be positive and good luck!
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Bottom Gun » 19 Aug 2021, 19:13

BM, not BY
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 19 Aug 2021, 19:19

BTW, I am now almost 6 weeks into this technique, all is excellent! I now only apply vaseline 3-3 times daily. I'm convinced I'm healed so it probably isn't necessary but vaseline is cheap.

Also, I saw that you mentioned concern with taking muralax over an extended period. My primary care physician told me that I can take it for years with no harmful effects. You should discuss this with uour doctor for verification.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 19 Aug 2021, 19:30

Yeah i took it for 3 years but now have switched to something more natural. My problem was that my bms would be soft then some days more formed not hard and these formed bms would flear up my fissure and thats while using miralax so we'll see im not opposed to going back to it I'll just see how i go i guess but right now I'm having consist soft to very soft bms so its working better when i take magnesium to create that evening bm. Miralax didn't do that for me. So we'll see lets all stay in contact an update because Vaseline could be the game changer we've all been looking for
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 20 Aug 2021, 05:52

Got it. Good luck. Don't give up.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby MyBumHasHurt » 20 Aug 2021, 06:55

I've passed five weeks and the healing continues. Absolutely no more pain. I think vaseline must be a wonder drug!
MyBumHasHurt
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 20 Aug 2021, 14:59

I didnt do my bm last night after taking the magnesium midday so i was scared this morning but no it was soft bm to my surprise i guess the magnesium will only make me do that second bm if my body needs to. So its only day 3 with time change of when i take the magnesium and Vaseline an things are going well day two was only uncomfortable to put on Vaseline and day 3 painless to put on. I blimin hope this is our wonder drug mybumhashurt
missy moo
King Fissure