FISSURE SURGEY/ INCISION OPENED

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

FISSURE SURGEY/ INCISION OPENED

Postby Thissucks08 » 03 Mar 2022, 22:09

Hi there. I had LIS surgery 5 weeks ago. I had my fissure for 11 months and then I decided to have the surgery as I had tried the creams and botox did nothing for me. I was feeling good up until last week (4 weeks post op) when I had went to the bathroom and noticed I had some pain from my incision area. I got into the tub hoping it would ease the pain but it didn't. My incision area hadn't been hurting up until this had happened. I have been getting in the tub every day 4 times a day since the surgery, but I was using very hot water (I know I shouldn't have but I wanted to heal so fast). I went back to my surgeon today and told me my fissure is almost closed, but my incision opened up about 1mm. He put silver nitrate on it (OUCH!!!) and said I should heal. Has this happened to anyone else? I am really down about this because I just want to be able to be normal again, I've already been laid up in bed for a month and now I'm probably gonna have to be laid up again. I know the hot water baths did not help, and I am now using mild warm water. Any advice is helpful please.
Thissucks08
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1