Vaginal Itching and Diltiazem? Please help!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Vaginal Itching and Diltiazem? Please help!

Postby Riri85 » 24 Mar 2022, 09:38

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad to have found this forum because for over a year now I have been feeling completely alone with this health problem and its getting me down ☹️

I was diagnosed with a fissure last Summer and prescribed a course of Diltiazem for 8 weeks, during this time I had intense itching on my anus that did not subside. Upon returning to my consultant he advised that the fissure had healed fully. However, the itching was still just as intense.

I returned to see a different consultant a few weeks ago who said that some of the fissure is still there and prescribed me a 12 week course of diltiazem cream.

Since I've started using it I've had intense itching/dryness of my vagina (as well as the itching of my bum!)

I thought it was thrush initially, but after taking an anti-fungal pill and cream, things haven't subsided.

So my question is - are there any other women here who have experienced the same when using diltiazem?

I would really appreciate hearing others thoughts/experiences as I can't find much online about it.
Riri85

Topics: 1

Re: Vaginal Itching and Diltiazem? Please help!

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Mar 2022, 18:25

From what I've read on here, some folks are simply allergic to diltiazem and that causes itching. Please mention it to your doctor. You may need some rash treatment to help the itching subside.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40