Status update - some relief

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Status update - some relief

Postby pjole » 20 May 2024, 05:57

Aigh peeps,

Things are now looking better, I am 10 days in a row without painkillers. I can still feel my anal fissure but more like a itching and unpleasent feeling compared to excruciating

pain that made me stuck my head into a pillow and scream during that acute phase.

I wanted to share few tips that help me. I red on this forum that daily bath in bathtube helps. Indeed it does! If you have an opportunity try it.

Also, I managed to soften and form my stools by eating fiber, kefir and surprise: cabbage salad! I red about it among youtube comments under some video about anal fissure and I immediately contacted person. I got response, basically, you take grated cabbage, mix it with a little of olive oil and apple cider.

My stool simly plucks out "gracefully" during bowel movement.

Anyway, that's my status update, it feels so good not to have those pain crysis.
pjole
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Status update - some relief

Postby pjole » 25 May 2024, 17:53

pjole wrote:Aigh peeps,

Things are now looking better, I am 10 days in a row without painkillers. I can still feel my anal fissure but more like a itching and unpleasent feeling compared to excruciating

pain that made me stuck my head into a pillow and scream during that acute phase.

I wanted to share few tips that help me. I red on this forum that daily bath in bathtube helps. Indeed it does! If you have an opportunity try it.

Also, I managed to soften and form my stools by eating fiber, kefir and surprise: cabbage salad! I red about it among youtube comments under some video about anal fissure and I immediately contacted person. I got response, basically, you take grated cabbage, mix it with a little of olive oil and apple cider.

My stool simly plucks out "gracefully" during bowel movement.

Anyway, that's my status update, it feels so good not to have those pain crysis.

I read that red cabbage has more benefits. However, I am not eating that one. This is the one I am eating.

pjole
Fibre Addict

Postby pjole » 09 Jun 2024, 03:52

If I could pick one food that makes me constipated and stool hard to pass that would be - cheese.

Encouraged by the improvement of my situation I had a pizza with extra cheese. For 2 days I was constipated and when the time finally came, it took me 2 hours to defecate. Luckilly, I learned some lessons and didn't strain. I just stayed in that position where the stool was half out and half still inside. I started pushing it out by occassionally bending my upper body to left and then to the right and it slowly started moving.

Sorry for this vivid descriptions, but you are my fellow sufferers and you know what I'm talking about.
pjole
Fibre Addict

Postby GrrrAF » 10 Jun 2024, 08:23

I rarely get constipated maybe once or twice/year but yes don't push! If you have to sit there for long time then do so and deep belly breathing/relaxing helps.

I use a foot stool every time I go as preventative measure; it helps with better alignment of rectum/anal canal so not a sharp angle.

I am a big fan of coconut oil for internal massage or if irritated down there. If you are constipated, I recommend applying in the anal canal beforehand or homemade suppositories at night so poop eases out.

I love cabbage! super healthy food for many reasons!
GrrrAF
Fibre Addict