Miralax users

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Miralax users

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 19:27

I take it everyday, Cheryl. I have used it on and off for 5+ years-more on than off the last year since I had the fissure and all of that.

I was encouraged to see that you have heard of others who take more than one dose a day. I don't do that yet, but it is good to know I can move up if I need to.

Hope and pray everyone's operations go well. Image

Postby cherylk » 03 Jun 2008, 04:10

One of my local doc's patients (a male) takes 2 caps of Miralax morning and evening.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 03 Jun 2008, 08:28

I try to use the miralax everyday. When I started I sometimes skipped a day of taking it because of too many stools in one day, usually after I'd been on for at least a few days. Now I usually only have one soft bm a day, though sometimes more. If I skip a day I seem to regret it.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 03 Jun 2008, 09:29

I have been going twice a day, and awhile back was up to 3 x's, which annoyed me. Now I am thinking I should not have been upset about that. I had a stomach ache (slight) this morning as I took in extra fiber foods last night (figs and apple) to try to counteract the cheese I ate on the potato last night.
Like my GI doc says, the gut is sensitive and more so in those of us with IBS it seems. Most of my docs think Miralax is harmless, much like eating corn. Hope that is correct. I get very attached to docs I like just as I used to do with some of my former bosses with whom I worked. (probably some psychological significance behind all of that)
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46