How Long?????

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How Long?????

Postby Guest » 07 Apr 2007, 12:10

Hey guys I need to ask a question. How long after surgery before you felt normal? I mean as far as pain I am great! However, all I want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep. It has been a week and a half. I was just wondering if anyone else felt this tired or if it was just me. I think I could sleep about 15 or 16 hours a day. I have been fighting it but I think it is catching up with me. Please give me your opinions and experiences.
Thanks AGAIN!
Sheri

Re: How Long?????

Postby Guest » 07 Apr 2007, 12:41

Healing takes a lot out of your body so it's no wonder that you are tired! I can't remember what kind of anaestesia you used but that can also make you feel tired out.
I think you should listen to your body and not overdo it. A lot of your body's resources are going toward healing right now. If you are tired I would rest up when you get the chance and not overschedule things right now. I think you are more likely to heal quickly without complications if you pay attention to the signs your body is giving you.
Glad to hear you are doing well pain-wise! That is such a relief!
Have a great weekend,
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 16 Apr 2007, 15:18

It took me a good week and a half to even begin to feel normal. I had my surgery and I slept A LOT, just like you. I think it was the painkillers that my CRS prescribed for me. They made me realllly tired. I wouldn't worry about it. I would enjoy this "excuse" to sleep and take it. Rest up, drink lots of fluids, and stay on your diet of course :)
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Apr 2007, 20:50

While I felt *much* better after a week and a half (and back at work!) it was a month before I could really claim to feel normal.
I felt pretty weak and tired for that first month. But, it was mostly a pain-free month!
Kim
Deleted User 5