HOW NITRO WORKS

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

HOW NITRO WORKS

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jul 2008, 23:52

Recently, a third component of the autonomic nervous system, known as the enteric nervous system (ENS), has been described and elucidated. This neural network innervates the gut continuously from esophagus to anus. It is composed of enteric
neurons, and the processes of extrinsic efferent and afferent neurons of the traditional autonomic system. This system regulates the motor and secretory function of the gut. A notable feature of the ENS is the diversity of chemical messengers which
enteric neurons contain and release. In addition to acetylcholine and norepinephrine, various peptide and non-peptide substances have been identified which appear to function as neurotransmitters in the ENS. Inhibitory non-adrenergic non-cholinergic
(NANC) nerves are thought to be important therein.
More recently, nitric oxide (NO) has been identified as an inhibitory transmitter to muscle. It has been shown that NO mediates the anorectal inhibitory reflex in animals and man.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: HOW NITRO WORKS

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2008, 10:14

I wonder if something like arginine which increases NO would work for fissures. I know it is used to increase blood flow in the pelvic region for sexual dysfunction.

Re: HOW NITRO WORKS

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jul 2008, 13:47

I was taking Arginine supplements when I first got my fissure - I did not see any difference . Than cardiologist told me that they did studies with arginine for heart patients and found no effect : (. I stopped using it than - 20 bucks less out of my pocket : (. But, maybe if applied locally it will have some effect !?!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61