Quinoa

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Quinoa

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2008, 18:57

I don't think Fissy was meaning to imply she had been doing this long term, right?  I can understand why you do it though.  I used to limit my food intake so I wouldn't have as much stool.  Now I am anemic with a low albumin level so I am having to play catch-up.  It is the desperation of the pain and wanting to have some control over it.  When I first had the nerve pain I would wait until 3 pm to eat so that I wouldn't go to the bathroom until the afternoon.  That way I would only be in terrible pain alone with a baby and 5 year old a few hours until my husband got home.  It wasn't healthy but I did what I had to do because I would have to crawl to go get a diaper or see about my children.

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Sep 2008, 19:47

Yes :( , it is exactly how it is now Lecia . I poop first thing in the morning and than pain starts - I take one Dervocet and soak and by noon my pain is on tolerable level. If I eat lunch I would go poop at 2 or 3 pm and definitely would not be able to go and pick up my daughter from school :( . So I wait to do that and come back home around 5 pm and than eat Image. I will than poop around 9 or 10 pm and take another Dervocet and go to sleep at 12pm or 1 am when pain subsides Image. I definitely hope that my pain will finally start improving and that I will be able to start eating normally again Image .
Kim buddy - I am so sorry to make you worry this much - I promise I will go an buy some Boost today and drink it for breakfast and lunch !!! I know that this is not healthy in any shape or form . Not for the muscles, not for the sugar levels - I am causing sharp glucose drops and spikes in my body and that alone can cause pre-diabetic state :( . Yes, supplements can never replace "real thing" but what can I do buddy Image when I have such a stupid perfectly tuned guts ??????!!!!! I am like a baby - really !!!! I eat , than poop and hour after that and if I eat 3 meals - I poop 3 times Image. The biggest irony is :irony: :marge: that that would be the textbook ideal way of elimination and in my case it is just disaster Image !!!
I have app. 18th, they forgot to cancel it Image , so I will see how
and if there is any progress in my "black hole" healing (sigh....). If he has nothing smart to offer , I truly might conceder going to Arizona Image
LOVE YOU GUYS :heart7:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 15 Sep 2008, 21:21

Hi Fiss,
Kim is right about the fat. But i did lose weight too. When I only ate once a day, it was always with some heavy fat foods. Pate was great! I would eat chocolate, potato chips, beans made with bacon ends. And butter!! yum!! A nice butter fried egg went down really well. I got a normal daily allotment of fat and still do, though I still only eat 1-2 a day.
Try making beans with bacon ends and a ham hock. I would do this in big batches that would last a week. I'd just plop the beans in the crock pot with pepper, and a bit of salt, then simmer away. It's super easy to digest, comes out nice and provides necessary small amounts of yummy fat.
In Europe this summer, I was great with eating blood pudding and pate. I actually gained weight.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Sep 2008, 21:43

Thanks so much BG for the yummy ideas : ))) !!! Can you please send me a detailed receipt for beens - believe me or not I do not have that pot (it was not available in my country so I never learned how to use it ) but I will buy it ! Which one you have and what size . What kind of beans you prefer ? Do you soak them before cooking?We prepared beans often in "motherland" but it was 2 day task LOL. First soaking beans over night, than simmering it all over low heat with carrots and pig dried ribs or part of leg for 3 hours stirring often and than striping meat off and all. I do not have energy now : (.I bought some Campbell ready-made cans but it is not healthy : (, I know, so I eat them only once in a while.
I love pate - I totally forgot about that possibility !!! xxxxOOO - Do you spread it on the small peace of bread or just eat it like that ? have you ever tried spread called "AJVAR" ??? It is roasted papers and eggplant - really nice and easy on butt LOL. AND it is popular in country where your grandma came ; ))) !
Thanks buddy - I wish I have energy to write you a long due nice letter but I know that you understand and that you know that I think of you often Image
Seretlek tem Image
Fissy :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 16 Sep 2008, 01:23

:( Fiss, I can completely understand your need to not eat - I did it myself and was living on about 700 calories a day for 7 months at the start of my fissure and they were all salad and fruits etc. BUT, I have hypoglyceamia (low blood sugar) which is an absolute nightmare and completely controls my life. I'm sure i got it because when I was younger I always thought I was fat. Even when I starved myself down to 6 stone, I still thought I was fat. And I still starved myself. It really doesnt do your body any good at all and you could be setting yourself up for health problems in the future. You need protein to heal.And Kim is right, you need proper food to give you nutrients, not just vitimin pills as they dont contain all the enzymes we need - only real food can provide us with those.
Please dont carry on like this for long! :( :(
Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here