just like my miso soup.....

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

just like my miso soup.....

Postby happyass » 05 Oct 2008, 19:51

well sometimes it is hard to make fresh miso soup in the morning - which is why i have fallen off the macro diet.....
but this weekend i found that whole foods makes miso soup in a container like some of their other soups!!! Image
i bought two boxes to try it out and this morning i poured some in a cup and microwaved it and it was hot and amazingly,
it tastes just like the miso soup i make!!!! all i need to make it more like mine is add in some cut up tofu and chopped green onions and presto!
i am excited!!!!
also for dessert, i bought this gluten and diary free chocolate cake mix and i decided to also use softened tofu instead of eggs and canola oil instead of butter to keep the batter strictly dairy free. i have already baked it and i am having it cool off in the fridge so i can put on some homemade frosting!
it's almost time for bed!
:12:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: just like my miso soup.....

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Oct 2008, 20:03

That is too cool, Happy! I'm glad you get to hang in there with the macro diet!!
I'll have to check and see if any stores carry that here, I'd love to try it!!!
Miso cool!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Oct 2008, 21:45

Hey Happy -boy :D - what are the "brands" ????
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 07 Oct 2008, 18:31

the miso soup is from whole foods so it is whole foods....
the decadent chocolate cake mix was from canada but also found at whole foods....it is made by gluten-free pantry. you can check them out at www.glutenfreepantry.com
(btw, the cake disappeared in two days between me and the other half!)
and the vanilla frosting mix is all natural and also wheat- and gluten-free and made by Pamela's Products, which I also found at whole foods....their website is www.pamelasproducts.com
enjoy!!!!
i am certainly going to make this again over the weekend.....i guess my voluptuous days are not numbered anytime soon! :bla:
happyass
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 07 Oct 2008, 18:35

here is a perfect link about sea veggies....
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/guides/seaveggies.php
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Oct 2008, 21:01

Thanks Happy-boy Image !!! I ordered Eric's book yesterday (one with the deserts LOL) , I think it would be stronger "lure" for me to try macrobiotics LOL
I love Japanese food a lot, and miso soup is one of my favs but never found good ready- made one so I can't wait to try one you recommended - I actually gave up after throwing so may in the trash can after just one sip. AND, I am too lazy to make one myself from the scratch - so I count on your good taste buddy LOL, or I will kick your happy-ass Image !!!
I see that you are desperate "to create" -anything particular in mind? Are you looking for a media to express yourself ??? Or, the "wish" is more of symbolical one?
Thanks again for the info Image Hope you are ready for the run - it is "arround the corner" Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61