Where they cut...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Where they cut...

Postby Guest » 20 May 2007, 02:00

One more question... (sorry)
Is it a bad idea to rub some polysporin around my arsehole and the wound?

Postby Guest » 20 May 2007, 06:22

I am wondering if it is a skin tag. When there is a fissure or cut the skin can form a lump as it tries to pull together to heal. It is pretty common (I'm still healing from mine). I know that area for me was and still can be sensitive. Try to pat if you can instead of rub when you wipe and maybe get in the tub.
I am not sure about the antibiotic ointment. Does anyone else know about this? I took oregano oil by mouth to help fight infection when I was healing from my fissure. That is a strong natural infection fighter.
One thing we can probably all attest to is that you can have some slumps when you feel like you aren't making progress with healing. Just try to hang on and trust your body. I think you are wise to ask on Monday though to put your mind at ease about your worries. I hate when I have medical questions on the weekend (that's usually when they happen!). Take it easy today and let us know how you are doing!
Take care
lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 May 2007, 20:08

I don't think the polysporin will hurt. I have read anecdoctal reports that it helped. I tried it but at the time was trying *everything* and didn't use it much.
Chances are it won't do much, however. The anal region can generally keep itself infection-free in healthy people, even with "wounds" like fissures present. Do continue to take multiple, daily sitz baths!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 May 2007, 11:06

Well, the doctor is away on vacation this whole week. Splendid.
I'm just going to assume that he knew what he was doing. I'm pretty sure what I am feeling is not the fissure. Once in a while I seem to get this consistent sharp pain for like a minute and then it goes away.
Did anyone else have that after the surgery?
How long did you all have pain?
Like most people, I'm just worried that I'm not healing as I should be. Image However, I do understand it's only been 5 days now.
I just want everything to be fine.

Postby Guest » 21 May 2007, 14:11

I wonder if there is another doctor that is taking his call while he is out of town? There should be someone in his office/practice that can answer your questions!
From what you are describing to me it sounds similar to what others have described from healing from their surgical experiences. There is one boardie on here that had some pain and thought she had a fistula once too but it turned out to be a false alarm. I have a feeling that you are fine and this is just part of normal healing. Healing can be a process of two steps forward and one step back but you will get there.
If you are worried I would insist that someone talk to you from the office. Someone I am sure is taking his call while he is out.
Five days isn't all that long at all. Things are still pretty fresh down there and you could be having all sorts of sensations and disturbances in tissue as it is a very delicate area.
I would take the sitz baths to help promote the healing and remember that the fissure itself is going to take 6-8 weeks to heal after the surgery so it is still there but will heal over time now that blood flow has opened up.
I love your avatar! Dolphins are the best!
It will be okay!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 May 2007, 16:05

At just five days out, you really need to relax! I still had the occasional sharp but momentary pain as long as three weeks after..
At five days I was still in pretty heavy recovery. I was still having quite a bit of dull pain. I was really weak, too.
Of course, you are younger than me and should recover faster.
So far you haven't descibed anything that is worrisome to me...you went throgh the trauma of the surgery and now your insides, so to speak, are recovering in a process that you need to see as 2-3 weeks.
Really, about a month before you feel truly "normal" again...
Hang in there...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 May 2007, 17:04

Thanks everyone. Your comments help ease my worrisome mind. Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 May 2007, 17:14

Oh, and do try to avoid sitting directly on your tail, just sit on one cheek othe other, or recline. That seemed to make the pain worse for me...
Deleted User 5

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion