surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: surgery #3

Postby cherylk » 22 Oct 2008, 12:11

Juney,
My son has Crohn's and it was diagnosed with a colonoscopy, but there may be other means to diagnose it. If you are not having a lot of stomach pain, I seriously doubt that you have it.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2008, 12:21

Oo Juney…. I am sorry……. I feel so disappointed for you :(
Just maybe the gel/ nitrate will help in healing, it’s got to possible …This is so tiring for you...
The bloodworks would be a great idea , insist on every test you need to get to the bottom of why you are not healing, you have to be strong and hold on a little more Juney Image
So glad you have supportive parents helping you figure all this out. That means the world ….
Sending you a big hug Image

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Oct 2008, 12:29

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling stronger today Image - it is so important not to give up and push forward until we find the solution for us !!!
BTW, Juney, one of my CRSs mentioned that only end of the colon can be inflamed - it is called proctitis. But, the most important thing now is for them to take your case seriously and look into EVERYTHING . Even if they do not find anything as underlying cause, as Lecia said, sometimes the cause can be some misbalance on nutritional level and you can solve it by implementing more healthy diet and supplements on which , as I see, you already started Image !
Just stay on your course and try to give some more time to your poor butt - it is 6 weeks , but it is not still pass ANY deadline at all. I would give it at least 6 months before doing any more invasive procedures, surgeries or cauterization and such , and do investigations and nutritional stuff in the meantime Image
Best of luck Juney - you can do it !!!!! :nevergive:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby lars » 22 Oct 2008, 14:31

Juney I am so sad that the fissure dosn`t heal.. I know exact how you feel... :(
Check this link:
http://books.google.no/books?id=8VOZNW08-RcC&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=anal+fissure+hyper+tonic&source=bl&ots=gA9EaGHNIh&sig=sg4lbyCApkRdA77vfPR2X3_l9r4&hl=no&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPA141,M1
Search for management for recurrent anal fissure. That gave me a little more hope..
It also stands that some people need longer than 2 months for complete healing..
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Corsi » 22 Oct 2008, 14:49

Juney
I've heard about people who has been tested for Chrons who was diagnosed negative because the disease wasn't active during the test...and years later they got the diagnose anyway.
If you have had skin issues, etc. that may be the reason you need more time to heal and why your healing isn't straightforward....
Your time will come Juney Image you are so young, this is just a little pause in your life. Every thing you've been through will only make you stronger, more mature and reflected! (Is it possible to say "reflected" in English?).
I also think you are lucky to have parents who care about you....imagine being on your own now....
Big hug Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Corsi » 22 Oct 2008, 14:57

Complicated stuff Lars :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 22 Oct 2008, 16:53

Dear Juney,its very sad to know what you are going through Image .How bad is the wound?are there no signs of healing at all?hasnt it healed even a little bit?what did your CRS advice apart from the ointment?there should be a reason for all this which needs to be investigated.is it the same CRS who did LIS?lecia and fissy have already adviced you on the investigations.do you have any symptoms of crohns like diarrohea,abdominal pain,weight loss,abscesses,skin rashes(only a few symptoms).it can be very vague and difficult to diagnose crohns.colonoscopy is almost around 70% accurate i think.you should have a thorough workup including bloodtests,stool tests,enema.why did you have a barium swallow done?i mean did you have any symptoms to get it done?its good you are making diet changes as well.
All this is frustrating but you will be fine soon.give it more time to heal.lets hope all the workup is normal.you can have a career and money anytime in your life.right now you need to look after yourself and get well.as lecia says,what is the use of all the money if you cant be healthy and happy?you need to believe you will come out of all this and have a wonderful life in future.talk to your CRS soon to investigate.
take care.will be praying for you. :nevergive:
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby juney » 23 Oct 2008, 20:24

thanks again for all the suggestions and the sympathetic words guys Image it really helps. the past 2 days i haven't cried at all, which is a miracle! i'm doing things to take my mind off it and trying to enjoy being unemployed. :) i'm also just completely re-evaluating the way i deal with this problem. i've always been way too impatient and just thought surgery would be a quick fix...which it never has been, you'd think i'd have learned after #2! LOL. i've been through so much trauma down there in the past 2 years, no wonder this thing is refusing to heal! oh well. i'm just gonna try to stay positive and keep my spirits up. my dr called today and reassured me, like you guys always do, that this won't last forever and it will get better in time. i'm praying i can keep this peace of mind for awhile longer. i'll keep you all posted often of course!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Oct 2008, 20:48

I am so glad to hear that Juney Image !!! Yes , keep your spirits high and give it more time. You had to have this surgery since mini-fistulas never heal on their own , and second surgery did not help since infection (fistula) was hindering it. Now that all is cleared up you have to give it time to settle down and heal !
Best of luck Juney Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 23 Oct 2008, 21:58

the third time is the charm they say sometimes.....
hang in there juney and in time, you'll feel just like what you have been wanting for a while now......
i remember i thought i would never get out of the cycle of pain.....and as much as i wished it was over, it wasn't and eventually i just had to find new mind tricks and distractions......and of course, other things.....
happy evening.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74