surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

surgery #3

Postby juney » 08 Sep 2008, 19:43

just wanted to let everyone know i made it thru okay! the dr did a fissurectomy and cleaned out what was a small fistula tunnel. he said it's good i had the surgery b/c it was very inflamed and never would've healed on it's own. i'm in horrible pain right now. i just took a bath and removed the outer gauze. i guess there's some gel foam type packing inside, sounds similar to what jen had. they said it'll come out w/ my BM or in the bath.
i'm taking tons of pain meds to deal with it, but also drinking lots of water to prevent the dreaded constipation. the dr wants me to take 2 tablespoons of mineral oil at night, along with a small dose of MOM if i really want to.
all in all i'm in a really good place mentally right now. i'm dealing well with the pain and havent had any panic attack/freak outs so far...even when blood started dripping down my leg after i stood up awhile ago! i'm looking forward to taking it easy for a few weeks and giving this thing a chance to heal up. thanks to everyone who wished me well for today!!!
tabby- i'm glad your surgery went well too! soon we'll both be free from this! :)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: surgery #3

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Sep 2008, 20:24

CONGRATS JUNEY !!!! Image Image Image
I am so glad to hear that all is done and over with and that your true healing can start now - what a blessing that you went to another CRS :angell: !!!
You finally got to the root of your problem and now all should heal nicely and forever !!! I am very excited for you - 2 years of this nightmare is just too much !!! All bleeding is normal now - you must know that Image, just take it easy, rest, take baths , eat lightly and keep your wound perfectly clean ! You will heal very fast - read Dano story - he did great with similar procedure Image !
I know in how much pain you are, take those meds to prevent constipation with a lot of softeners and all will be fine ! How nice that you were able to post today Image !!! Keep up that attitude dear Juney and healing will follow fast Image
Happy healing Image Image Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2008, 20:26

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. No doubt you are in a lot of pain but you made it through! Glad they got rid of that infected area and you are having healing pain rather than pain from not healing.

Just take it easy and look forward to the great days to come once you get through this necessary healing step. Image

God bless!

Postby happyass » 08 Sep 2008, 20:34

juney,
i am impressed that you could check in!
phew that pesky fistula!!!!! i wonder where it was. did you know you were going to have a fistulotomy?
you are in my prayers to help you get through these painful moments but mostly to get you back to the amazing twenty-something you always wanted and deserve to be!
happy healing!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 08 Sep 2008, 21:09

glad to hear you're fine. Keep on that healing road.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jen » 08 Sep 2008, 21:43

Hi Juney!
I am glad everything is ok! This is it for you - I just know it!
Image Image Image Image Image
My gel foam never came out. It was disolvable. I wonder if yours is too?
How long does he want you to take the mineral oil for? Please take your pain meds and realx! How much time off school/work are you taking?
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby pinky » 09 Sep 2008, 01:02

Glad to know u r well.rest well
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 09 Sep 2008, 02:22

Juney
Thank you for sharing! Hope that this 3 LIS will help you get rid of this once and for all :D
You had a lot done like Fissy so be patient, it must take some time to heal and there will be a lot of pain, but you are used to being in pain I know...
Take care of yourself dear, and share with us if you are able to... Image
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 02:46

Image I'm so glad that they've dealt with the problem for you. The only way is up now! As Lecia says, the pain is a different pain when you are healing - kind of a worthwhile sort of pain I thought!:D

Yeah, get LOADS of rest, spoil yourself, you deserve it after those years of suffering you've had.

Get well soon.

val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby pinky » 09 Sep 2008, 06:13

how do u feel today juney?i didnt know it was ur 3LIS.let us know how u get on with ur first BM.
wishing u a quick recovery Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6