surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: surgery #3

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2008, 10:05

Thats the spirit Juney !
Glad you have the support you need at this time, you have been through so much , third time lucky for you Juney Image
Sending you lots of healing vibes Image
xxxx

Postby val » 12 Sep 2008, 11:49

yeah, glad you've got support and everyone's looking after you. Now that all the infections cleared you should be feeling a lot better very soon. I found after mine that the healing pain was a lot better than the pain before the op. I suddenly reached a day when i felt a lot better and then things improved quite rapidly after that.
You will get there, its early days yet, hang in there! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 12 Sep 2008, 17:10

Hi Juney! I am sure you will start to feel better soon. I read that fissurectomies are very painful and can take a while to heal. Plus - you had a fistulotomy as well! has the pain eased up at all???
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby juney » 15 Sep 2008, 19:44

hi everyone, i just wanted to check in. i've been extremely depressed the past few days. it's only been a week today but i've noticed no progress. BMs are excruciatingly painful. no matter how healthy/how little i eat and how many stool softeners and mineral oil i take, the poo still hurts and on saturday i was constipated again. the area is still a gory nasty mess. i can't even tell where my butthole is. i know it's not infected or anything cuz there's no weird colored discharge, just the normal after-surgery blood/goo on the gauze. anyway, i have my follow up tomorrow. i'm hoping he says it's totally normal to still have painful BMs this soon after fissurectomy. in my mind i know things are probably going fine but i'm so depressed i can't even think positive. i don't know how often i'll be around the forum, i'm just a wreck right now.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Sep 2008, 20:05

Oh Juney - I am so sorry girl Image - it is depressing :( and scary - I would freak out if I get constipated on top of everything - it is just maddening that you can not make poop soft any way you try Image Image Image !!!
Try really to stick to cooked veggies and fruits for couple of days Juney - I am sure it would make your poop soft - I mean if not, than something really needs to be done . Did you ever try Miralax ?
I am sure that it is not fissurectomy that is causing that much pain (I had it twice) - it is that deep cut that he did to clean that tract in your anus that was infected !!! You basically had small FISTULOTOMY I think, and that must hurt A LOT !!!!
Good luck tomorrow Image I am sure you are on right track - it was not small procedure Juney and it can not go that fast especially with problematic poop Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2008, 20:16

Yeah, your surgery is going to need more time to heal from.  I know my butt looked awful for weeks.  I wondered at times what I had done and if I would be left like this forever.  But I was not.  The swelling went down and little by little I healed.  And you will too.  Those were some very dark days.  Just try to hang in there and maybe write down when you have a good bm or a time you were able to forget your pain for a little while.  That helps to look back at and see that really you ARE getting better.  It is just so slow that it might not seem like it.  Good luck with your appointment!

Postby val » 16 Sep 2008, 00:52

:( thats right, the progress is so slow that it seems like forever. Do you feel better than last week though? Even a tiny bit? Any step forward is a step in the right direction. When they lay open the fistula its like cutting the top off a tunnel to let it drain. The longer an infection is left, the more infection there is there, so there is more of a tunnel to cut. I would imagine that it is entirely normal to be as you are as the area does not heal quickly due to its environment. Its just hell waiting for it to heal. But it will heal in the end, little by little week by week, just dont expect much too soon. Hang in there , but dont let yourself get constipated as it will affect the rate of your healing. Have you got any prune juice. Or flaxoil? Your omega 3's are important for healing too.
Look after yourself and best of luck for your appointment.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 02:52

Ooo Juney i am so sorry you are feeling so down Image
I hope you have some postive news from your appointment today....

Postby Corsi » 16 Sep 2008, 06:06

Juney
So sorry you feel blue Image Pain is terrible, we all know that... But be patient it must go away finally.
Do you use Xylocain gel to take away some of the pain during BM? It helps me when I dread going to the :flush: The reason is that I relax more when I know the BM will be nicer with Xylocain....
Thinking of you Free Smileys & Emoticons at Clipart of.com
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 16 Sep 2008, 08:19

Juney,
I am sorry you are not feeling well and are depressed. Maybe you could take an anti-depressant for awhile? I am not that familiar with your procedure, so cannot comment on that.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46