surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: surgery #3

Postby juney » 16 Sep 2008, 17:51

thank you guys. Image i had my appt today and i feel so relieved. he said everything looks normal for 1 week after surgery. i guess i'm just not being patient enough. i knew that, but it's hard during the slow healing process! also, i should've mentioned that i'm not taking the pain pills. i've only been taking iburpofen cuz i'm so scared of constipation, so i've basically been going on raw pain all week. the dr prescribed me some darvocet. i asked for it since i remember reading somewhere that it's less constipating. the dr hates MOM so he really wants me to avoid it. i'm taking mineral oil and stool softeners, and just a little MOM cuz i can't stop it. i'm gonna try taking magnesium pills instead starting today.
oh, ALSO the stupid pharmacy filled the wrong prescription, so i've been putting mupirocen ointment on everyday instead of what the dr intended, which was just plain neosporin!!! he said it probably didn't set me back or anything, but now he wants me using A&D everyday. anyway, i feel more optimistic now and i SOOOO appreciate all of your positive thoughts and support, it helps during those darkest days.
i haven't read the posts recently, but fissy how are you doing since your surgery? any progress??
lecia, did you eventually heal from your surgery? are you doing better now and finding solutions to your seemingly never-ending butt probs?? i hope you eventually do!
tabby how are you doing since your surgery?
and corsi, how are you since the botox?
val and cheryl - thanks also for your positive thoughts!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 18:28

I am glad you saw the doctor and were reassured. Sometimes that is what we need. That is a lot of pain to deal with with just ibuprofen. I was wondering about the muprocin. My daughter was prescribed that when she got fire ant bites so I didn't know about it being used post-surgically. I used neosporin too.

Did the doctor say why he hated MOM? (that sounds funny!)

Just measure your progress weekly and you'll see you are getting there.

Postby juney » 16 Sep 2008, 22:08

he's more of a "natural" type i think. diet and fiber, rather than laxatives and softeners. i guess the fact that i've used MOM regularly for so long concerns him. he also doesn't want me having runny BMs or any kind of diahrea right now. i guess he doesn't hate it, he's just kind of anti-MOM. lol.
juney
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 06:47

Juney
I am so pleased you have some peace of mind that all is as it should be :D Just what you needed to hear at this time :D
Glad you have something for the pain too ...
Now you can get back to healing Image
I am doing OK Juney thanks for asking, round one of botox, so far so good - $"%^"*):?@{ - thats incase the gremlins hear me :roll:
Take care Juney
xx

Postby juney » 17 Sep 2008, 10:45

so the BM was a little less painful today, but there was more blood than i've noticed before (actually in the toilet not just on the tp), and now a few more stitches are hanging out (4 instead of 2 now). i called the dr, his nurse said it sounds ok and there can be more blood from one day to the next. i'm not too concerned right now, even about the hanging stitches...i'll just keep up with the hot baths and ointment. i have another follow up in a week anyway
juney
King Fissure

Postby pinky » 20 Sep 2008, 10:02

how do u feel now juney?is the pain getting better and the bleeding?do keep us posted
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 24 Sep 2008, 03:38

J Image ney
How are you doing now??
Image Corsica :truebud:
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby juney » 25 Sep 2008, 14:36

i'm feeling ok guys. not completely depressed like the first week at least. i'm halfway thru my 3rd week and still just laying around, taking 3-4 baths everyday. i get up to walk around quite a bit and even washed the car yesterday. i'm not sure if it's made a difference yet. i mean, the week before surgery i was going on 5 mile hikes in yellowstone, so it's not like i was in horrible pain that's suddenly disappeared. that's the most frustrating thing...not knowing if it'll work. i've gone thru this twice before and been disappointed both times so i'm just trying my hardest to stay positive.
i'm still only taking ibuprofen for the pain. my dr wants me to taper off the mineral oil so that by next week i'm not using it at all. BMs have been ok the past week and 1/2. i follow it with a warm bath and that takes away the burning pain. there's a swelling on one side that the dr said could turn into a little skin tag which he could cut off in the office. i'm hoping it'll just go down and not become a tag.
i'm just soooo glad i don't have a job to get back to. once i start feeling semi-normal i'll start sending out my resume and stuff, but i'm in no rush. i want to heal for good this time! i'll keep ya posted.
juney
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Sep 2008, 15:16

Best of luck Juney Image !!! Yes, take your time to heal !!! I understand the feeling of going in with almost no pain and ending up with major one - that is for sure ! But, if we do not try- we will never heal completely - so "per aspera ad astra " , I guess Image !
Happy Healing Image Juney !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 26 Sep 2008, 02:07

Wise girl Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18