surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: surgery #3

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 18:48

Hey Juney,
Sorry you are having such a terrible day. Healing from this kind of stuff never seems to be straightforward which makes is so difficult because each day is unpredictable.

Would you be willing to try a senna supplement (500 mg) before bed or drink some prune juice? I find that prune juice or eating a few prunes nearly liquifies my stool especially the first few times when my body isn't used to.

Just hang in there because your day in the sun is coming!

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Sep 2008, 19:59

Juney , I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through such a hell : ((, I would not survive enema in my stage of healing - not to mention yours :( . Try to keep that poop soft any way you can dear Juney - and eat only really mushy and cooked stuff and only veggies and fruits until swelling goes down :( and poop can go out with less resistance. Oh boy, what a day Image Image . Hang in there girl - it must get better in couple of days although every day is like a year Image Image Image !!!
I wish you much less pain tomorrow Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 11 Sep 2008, 01:58

:( wow you're having a rough time. Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing an enema straight after my fistula surgery, the thought of it makes me shudder! Are you still on constipating pain meds? Those and the GA can play havoc with your system, you need to counteract the effects with more softeners.
I'm sorry things are so bad, I hope you have a better day today. It will get better eventually,it just seems like forever when you're in this much pain.

:nevergive:
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 11 Sep 2008, 02:21

Juney Image
Image Image Image
Be patient, pain will go away finally!
Take care dear :truebud:
Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2008, 08:09

Juney Image
I am so sorry you are having such a bad time Image
That G/A sure is slow moving !!! double up on your softeners that is a good tip ! eating mush too, i am sure that will get you through these next few days Image
I hope today is better for you Image

Postby cherylk » 11 Sep 2008, 10:07

Juney,
I hope that you are feeling better.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 11 Sep 2008, 12:36

Image i think the GA finally made it's way out of my system. i was definitely impacted yesterday, and it took all my strength to give myself all those enemas right after surgery. ughhh i hope i never have to do something like that again. my dr recommended 1 stool softener and 2 tablespoons of mineral oil a day, but obviously that's not enough! every day i've been taking 2 tablespoons of mineral oil, 2 stool softeners, 1/2 tablespoon benefiber, and 1 tablespoon MOM. my dr hates MOM and really prefers i not use it, but after almost a year of daily use it's reeeally hard to stop!
so lo and behold, i went normally this morning!! it hurt like HELL, stinging, burning, horrible pain. i sat in the bath for an hour afterwards and then took a warm shower. the pain's not getting any better, but i'm so thankful i was able to go without shoving that enema up in that sore spot again. it's such a mess there i could barely tell where to put it. lol.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Cinderella » 11 Sep 2008, 13:40

Juney, I am so sorry about your situation. Are you staying with your parents or do you leave alone? Hopefully you have someone with whom you can share your feelings, besides us.
Just try to manage day by day. It must get better anyway. I know it s extremely hard but do not loose your faith. The day when you will be free of butt problems will come it just takes time.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Corsi » 12 Sep 2008, 01:46

juney wrote: but i'm so thankful i was able to go without shoving that enema up in that sore spot again. it's such a mess there i could barely tell where to put it. lol.

Image Image Image funny juney!
As I have no surgery experience I cannot give advice, but I can give you this one Image
Take care girl :truebud: Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby juney » 12 Sep 2008, 09:55

thanks corsi and cindy - i do live alone but i'm only 1/2 hour away from my parents so i'm staying with them for the next couple weeks. they've both been so awesome and supportive, same with my boyfriend. he bought me 4 movies and a stuffed animal the day of surgery :)
the BM hurt really bad again today, but i'm still holding onto faith that it'll start feeling better eventually. thanks guys, i love the support this forum provides, everyone is so caring and encouraging. it really helps! :truebud:
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36