for those who have surgery... a question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

for those who have surgery... a question

Postby erik » 02 Jun 2007, 14:00

I had an LIS three months ago. the pain is markedly better however maybe once every other week i see a very small amount of blood on the toilet paper and get totally worried and discouraged. Has anyone had the same issue? I am worried that I will never heal. it really doesn't hurt at all but the sight of even a small amount of blood ruins me for the rest of the day. I am sticking with my high fiber diet and lots of water. also for everyone out there does it hurt during the day when you sit? (off and on somedays better than others?)
thanks eveyone!
Erik
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: for those who have surgery... a question

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2007, 14:47

After three months, I would only get a pinkish stain on the TP after I had been to the bathroom more than once or twice in a day. If I looked at my stool , I would see just a bit, too, during those episodes.
I think I am still capable of a little blood, as I was *before* the pain of the fissure began.
It's a question for our Drs. -- but I have seen several sources that state it takes up to a year or longer to *really* heal, so I would not be discouraged too much. From what I have seen, continued bleeding, of tiny amounts, is not uncommon for quite some time after surgery.
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 05 Jun 2007, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby erik » 02 Jun 2007, 15:04

Thank you. makes me feel a whole lot better! my bleeding is a small pinkish stain as well. no bright red which would indicate to me the "cut"/ fissure is not as deep as it used to be. thanks much Kim!
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2007, 21:31

yeah I still bleed some...but I bled for many years before I was brave enough to seek a dr. My gp's have never been concerned about the bleeding-I would feel so much better though being certain where mine is coming from-call me crazy!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Jun 2007, 21:15

Yes, Noelle, I agree...any blood from our rears is alarming, and it's not something a person wants to get used to...!!
Deleted User 5

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion