hi everyone!! need help!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

hi everyone!! need help!!

Postby motherluch » 11 Jan 2009, 20:03

Hi everyone,
Haven't been on in a long time...hope you are all doing well!! I see some new names, and am looking up old ones as well. Anyway, things have been pretty good for me until last week, I developed a thrombosed external hemorrhoid, which I certainly have had in the past and they usualy go away in a few days with alternating ice and heat. This one though, doesn't seem to want to disappear and it's been about 9 days now. I am wondering in any of your experiences, how long it took that hard little lump to dissolve and go away and what you did to hasten it.
Thanks so much!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: hi everyone!! need help!!

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2009, 20:28

I have had my share of external thrombosed hemmies and at this point since it isn't going down I might go to the doctors and get an I&D done. Most of the time this is what I do anyway because I know if I dont it will last 3 weeks.
I was told by a CRS that taking 800 mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day can help, so you might want to give that a go. I take a baby aspirin every day to see if that will help prevent them and also take nattokinase which helps to break down clots. You can get it online at vitacost.com or swansonvitamins.com. Also rutin, a bioflavanoid is supposed to help strengthen the capillaries so that blood doesn't stretch them out and form clots. I take 1000 mg twice a day.
I hate hemorrhoids. I hope you get better soon.

Postby motherluch » 11 Jan 2009, 22:05

Thanks for your reply...so sometimes the clot will stay in there for up to 3 weeks? I have never had them last more than a few days. I guess this is normal then and I shouldn't be too concerned...the pain seems a little better today, ,so hopefully it is going to resolve soon...I just don't want to end up having to have a Dr. cut it out...I just hope it goes away soon. I am looking up what you wrote right now...any other suggestions?? Again...how long can it actually last without too much concern??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 12 Jan 2009, 01:20

Sometimes anusol/proctosol ointment can help. I was prescribed that for a very large thrombosed hemrroid that finally went away after a few weeks. I think they can be lanced to relieve pressure, but I never had that done. Good luck and be sure to share your outcome!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2009, 09:40

I dont think there ever comes a point of that it stays in too long. Typically your body is supposed to start breaking the clot down within 3 days but of course that never happens for me. I have had them for 3-4 weeks before. Now I just go and get it drained.
You could also try a poultrice of potatoes. That helps with the swelling and draws out the toxins. Also a compress of Mag Sulfate or bath with Epsom salts can do the same thing. And the Prep H with cooling gel seems to help as well.

Postby motherluch » 12 Jan 2009, 18:25

When you have the incision and drainage...I do realize it gets rid of the acute pain, but then don't you have to heal from that wound? It seems as though waiting it out might be a better option unless I am missing something!! it must be a good option Lecia if you do this when you are in my predicament...just wanting to know the details....thanks!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby motherluch » 12 Jan 2009, 18:27

Also....one more thing...have to get alittle descript here...the dark purple color has lightened up to a beautiful shade of pale purple!! Does that mean it is breaking up and reabsorbing??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2009, 18:43

If the hemorrhoid is caught early enough, the pain from the wound healing is a lot shorter than the actual hemmie itself. I know at least from my experience (and granted I have a weirdo butt) that I get over the whole trauma it it is drained. Now excised I would not recommend. That is what started my whole fissure ordeal, but they with an I&D they only make a small opening and pull the clot out.
I think since the purple color is lightening that is a good sign and I wouldnt mess with it, but next time it might be worth going in and seeing how you do with the draining compared to running its normal course. How do you think it started?

Postby motherluch » 12 Jan 2009, 19:32

I really don't know how it started, I haven't had a problem with a thrombosed hemmie in a long time, I think the last time was when we drove 18 hours to Orlando last spring...you guys all helped me out then!! I have been doing very well with not being constipated using the Natural Calm still and watching my diet probably too carefully (it's very boring)!! I think having my kids off for the winter break and sleeping in through me off schedule going to the bathroom, and I did skip a day or 2 here and there which may have been the cause of the hemorrhoid. Now I will just wait...it is okay, as long as I know it will go away! By the way, I sent for some cream called Neo Healer...have any of you tried it or heard anything about it??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 12 Jan 2009, 19:41

I tried Neo Healer and it gave me horrible itching. I would proceed with extreme caution with that cream.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46