a few questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

a few questions

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2007, 17:20

I have a fissure on the outside but am confused about the sphincter muscle? Is the fissure also inside? The last time the surgeon mentioned inside was rough, what does that mean? My husband felt it once while putting medicine inside,then the nex day my husband didn't feel it again or sense. Was that a scab or something?
I also have NEVER had blood. I wonder why?
I have to admit leaning towards surgery and afraid of seeing blood.
During my bm I have no pain, it all starts after I am done. Burning, tightening feeling on a good day.
For Women does your pain ever extend to your pelvic area? It happens on bad days for me.
Last night my sphincter was so tight, not throbing just very tight. I wonder why after all this time it would bother me at night when I have a bm in the morning.
I feel very weak because I have been home bound. The first two months I never went out. They last six weeks I have started going out, thats a plus.
So because of this lack of exercise and now I am very weak I went for a walk today. I want to get up my physical stregth just incase I go for surgery.
How much exercise or how long of a walk would be good?
I am starting to have achy thigh right below my butt on the side of the fissure. This is new, anyone have this?
I have a thousand questions...
thanks so much..I'm learning so much here in such a short time Image

Re: a few questions

Postby happyass » 19 Jun 2007, 17:38

hi pillow,
your description sounds interesting for better lack of words.
i wonder if anyone else has ever had a non-bleeding fissure. i would assume it is possible if it is a tiny fissure and if you are good at not irritating it or creating more damage to it.
from what i've been told, there is an involuntary sphincter muscle and a voluntary one. the one they cut in an LIS is the involuntary one since we have no control over how tight that muscle gets wound up.
since i can't see your ass (:-)) i would have trouble telling you whether it was a fissure or perhaps a nagging skin tag since you seem to mention how it is on the outside. nagging skin tags can cause the same disruptions and irritations that you are describing without blood and feel just as debilitating if you ask me.
however a CRS would know the difference upon examination and if he/she is telling you fissure, then it must be one.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2007, 17:55

I used to have terrible spasms during my period. Since the pelvic floor for women is like a sling that goes from front to back, when the uterus contracts you can feel it in your bottom too. I wonder if your symptoms are hormone related. I also got a few spasms during ovulation too.
Since you have had three kids ( I have two) things can get out of whack down there from the stretching out of the muscles. After my youngest was born my sphincter muscle was so tight from the contractions or labor and the clenching I was doing because of the pain (unmedicated births too). I wonder if you have any residual issues from childbirth?
You may have a skin tag or sentinel pile from the fissure. That is what I had/have. As the skin tries to pull back together it forms a bump at the outside of the anus. They can be quite irritating from my experience.
That is interesting that you don't have any bleeding. That is a blessing and could indicate that your fissure though chronic is not extremely deep. I am not sure how much bleeding would occur post-surgery, but maybe your husband can help change the dressing and you wouldn't have to see.

Postby dano » 19 Jun 2007, 21:08

my fissure has bled only one time,that was after i was examined the first time by a gastroentologist[?],he was ALOT less gental than the family dr. i also have hardly any pain during a bm,bout 15-30 minutes afterward the spasms will start.also in the morning when i get up and start waalking around i will have spasms for like an hour then they stop...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13