can a healed fissure bleed ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: can a healed fissure bleed ?

Postby Mr. Fissure » 21 Jan 2009, 11:01

Hello all,
I have another appt. with the CRS to see what needs to be done about the fistula. We will see if he says i have to have surgery, if not the pain is not horrible so I will deal with it as long as possible to save the money and missing work. Dano, would you mind telling me about your surgery and recovery, I know I can probably find it in the archives but if you don't mind..... Image
Mr. Fissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby dano » 21 Jan 2009, 23:09

i dont remember what i had,the fistulotomy,or the fistulectomy?? it was the one where they basically slice the trac of the fistula open drain it and allow it to heal from the inside out.i was BLOWN AWAY by the carnage i seen down there a day after the surgery,but it really didnt hurt at all,i never took any of the pain pills after they gave me one at the hospital,i didnt need them,in and out in a day i was.i pooped the following night and had no trouble at all,just had to be careful of the cut he made.as it healed it felt like when you cut yourself with a knife on your hand,that dull sting once in awhile.healed completly in a month give or take?i colud have went to work the next day really... i had mine for like 8 months,i dont think they will heal without intervention.mine got worse then became abcessed a little.the sooner the better..less cutting and slicing means less$$$!!
TABBY..im putting a pic on of me so i too can relish in your compliment!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby val » 22 Jan 2009, 02:55

Mr.Fissure,
please, please, please dont think that a fistula will just get better on its own and do nothing - thats the worst thing you could possibly do - just ask Bernard! It won't save money in the long run, as they get worse, not better, and can be potentially dangerous if the infection gets into your bloodstream. Get it sorted when its tiny = less pain, less recovery time, less money from lost work.
I've had a fistulotomy, its not too bad, honest!
Best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 22 Jan 2009, 07:55

HA… Dano you were included in the list of the hunky men Image
I have admired you and your big fish many a time Image

Postby Mr. Fissure » 22 Jan 2009, 10:33

Dano, thanks for your response and the info. Val, thank you for the advice, I have another appt. with the crs in a couple of weeks and promise to take his advice either good or bad. I have had surgery before and know that it can be a good thing and I am amazed at what they can do now days. I just also know it can have complications and my last doctor wanted to do surgery right away and misdiagnosed me. As for Tabby WoW! you are a firecracker! Image Image
Mr. Fissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2009, 13:02

Firecracker !!! I like that ! Image
Glad to hear you have another appointment lined up - Keep us posted Mr Fissure :)

Postby dano » 23 Jan 2009, 23:41

really the surgery recovery was easy,but remember,i let mine go for like 6-7 months and it got bigger,and worse! mine was really big so he said,due to the larger abcess[cause i let it go for awhile] i could have had less slicing and dicing if i did it eariler....good thing is you can amuse your friends and co workers by saying"yea,i had ass surgery the other day" and they wont believe you at all,unless they know whats going on...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13