Sitz Baths

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sitz Baths

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 06:15

I want to see if anyone here has difficulty taking a toilet top sitz bath. I find that when I take it, it feels like it's stretching my anus tissue somewhat. It also bothers me to sit "on the toilet" as there is belief that sitting on the toilet for any period of time actually caused AFs and hemorrhoids.
What is everyone's opinion? Toilet top sitz baths are definitely an easy and more economical way to use this treatment, but I want to see if others on the board have had success and no issues with using this type of sitz bath.
Thanks!

Re: Sitz Baths

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2007, 08:20

I had thought about them but never used them...yes, I could see how they would strect the anus, and that is not a good thing at all..
But I personally really can't speak for them...no experience..
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 09:05

I used traditional sitz baths that go on the top of the toilet for perineal pain after my first daughter was born and it was very awkward to say the LEAST. I don't think I lasted very long doing that. I can see how it would stretch things down there.
When I have not been able to get in the tub I take a warm washcloth and make a compress out of it. Maybe something like that could help? What about a gentle shower spray?

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 09:23

I have used toilet top baths with no problems. I actually found them more soothing than reg baths because there is nothing hard for my anus to push on (i.e. a tub) which always hurts my fissure. Plus, as you mentioned, toilet tops baths are easier. no need to undress,etc...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 09:34

Chris,

I sit in the bath tub every morning 1/2 hour. Then when I come home for lunch I do a 15 min stiz bath on the toilet if I am not in pain. Then I sit in the bath tub at night after dinner. The sitz bath is quick I just don't spread my legs I keep them togeher.

I just wish there was something comfortable to put in the bath tub to lean on. Sometimes it hurts my back.

BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 10:37

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I'm going to stick with the actual baths. I did end up buying a comfortable bath/pillow mat from Target.com that helps a lot for my back when in the bath. I don't have the actual name, but it's under the bath and or spa products and ran about $40. I do not recommend the neck pillow they say "other people have bought." It was comfortable, but ended up aborbing a huge amount of water and became very difficult to maintain.
Target, the store, has a little watrer proof pillow that was like $7 and is good for neck support.
Outside of that, I wear a baseball cap into the bath for the back of my head so that it doesn't have to sit up against the hard tub. All together, it makes for a much more comfortable bath.