2 Skin Tags?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 2 Skin Tags?

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 06:38

I think bathing will help with the skin tag. You can try using some Epsom salts too in the tub. I don't think the diltiazem does much in the way of healing the skin tag but I still use my medicine on bad days when I feel more pain because I figure it at least will relax the muscles to help things heal better!

Postby happyass » 14 Jun 2007, 15:17

with regards to bathing for a skin tag, i know personally that a nice compress of hot water - whether you get a little towel or bundle up some soft toilet paper into a hot wad/ball, and then apply it directly over the skin tag, this will help soothe it temporarily.
make sure to then dry the area completely and apply a good moisturizer - palmers is my choice.
i would recommend that prior to your BM, to also apply some hot water wad/ball of toilet paper to the skin tag to make it soft and supple and ready for some stretching during the forthcoming BM. hot water wad post-BM too and then dry and moisturize.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 15 Jun 2007, 00:38

good idea happy. Thanks for the tips!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby SunshineHope » 20 Jun 2007, 13:16

I just wanted to share something with you guys. I just realized that I think the other "tag" (if that's what it is) was already there from before. I remember using a mirror a couple months ago to see what exactly was going on there, and I think I DO remember seeing 2 tags, not one. I think I just never touched it or realized it's actually a tag (I was just confused and understood that my butt is awfully weird!) :geek:
I have noticed the second one more lately because I was getting quite itchy and was confused about why it wasn't coming from my normal skin tag itself. I hope all this itchiness is a good sign though. I haven't really had any pain in the past few weeks - Miralax & prune juice have really been helping me, as has summer time (more peaches, plums, pears, etc.). I haven't bled either. The only "bad" days I've had in the past month and a half or so is a few loose BMs (because of my cycle) and one day when I was stupid enough to eat a peice of pizza (I didn't retear, but I missed the next day's BM, but luckily with Miralax and prune juice the BM was okay). I haven't had any issues with blood or pain really but I have been having lots of problems with itchiness! Is this a good thing?
Sometimes it's so itchy that the only thing that will calm it is a hot bath. I have cut down using diltiazem and use more aloe vera now. Sometimes I get itchy after a while with diltiazem and aloe vera, I guess because they're healing? I am wondering if all this means I am healing... I am officially off school for the summer too, so no more 3 hour lectures, and more time for bathing!
I wanted to ask you all though: around the middle/end of August, I have a week long camping vacation, and may have another one after that for about 4-5 days. Do you guys think I'll be healed by then? I don't want to be out camping unless my bum is relatively healed, and I'd be a bit scared being away from home for so long - at home I have everything nearby; I have access to a hot bath if I need it, and an endless supply of prune juice, etc., but I'm a bit scared about going out for 2 weeks (I'll be on the run too, it wont exactly be a relaxing vacation). Do you guys think I can heal by then, by the looks of things now?
Any tips for speeding up the healing?
Any advice would be much appreciated. God bless you all, youve helped me so much! Image :kiss:
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 20 Jun 2007, 14:38

Hey, SH, I get the itchies too, so I feel for ya. I get them at night -- and wake up to find myself scratching my bum. Sucks, b/c I do it unconsciously.
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for speeding up the healing process...just more questions...sorry, don't mean to hi-jack your thread...
I'm still confused about the Aloe Vera and was wondering if anyone knows the answers to these questions...
What exactly do you buy? How do you apply it? And where do you apply it? Directly on the fissure? (I don't even know where mine is exactly) Or just on the outside of the anus?
Also, do you drink it? If so, what type of aloe exactly do you buy to drink?
Do you put it in a sitz bath? Again, what type of aloe would you buy to do this?
Thanks a lot! And hope you all are feeling better.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007, 15:01

Dear Sunshine and Steve,
I think itching is a good sign for you Sunshine. I bet by August you will be considerably better. Now that you have more time just dedicate yourself to soaking and staying off your bum. Sometimes the heat alone from a bath can help with the itching-it gives the nerves a different sensation to detect. Sometimes, (and yes this is TMI, but maybe it will help), I have laid in the shower and stuck my legs up and let the shower spray hit me in the bum and it helps to get rid of the itch and pain a bit. Maybe is you have a hand held sprayer that would do the trick too. See how much I love you guys, telling you that??!!!
Okay, Steve, here is what I use:
What exactly do you buy? How do you apply it? And where do you apply it? Directly on the fissure? (I don't even know where mine is exactly) Or just on the outside of the anus? I get the capsules of aloe vera and cut one open and put it on my skintag but you could put some on your finger and rub just right inside gently to get to the fissure. Sunshine had a great idea about using a Qtip too.
I also take the aloe vera caps myself, but you can use the straight aloe vera juice-I think Sunshine, you do that right?
I order mine online because I live in a rinky dink town but you might be able to find it locally at a health food store in your area.

Also, do you drink it? If so, what type of aloe exactly do you buy to drink?
Do you put it in a sitz bath? Again, what type of aloe would you buy to do this? I haven't done this, but I would think straight aloe vera juice would work the best.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Jun 2007, 15:03

I can answer one of those questions...for the fissure itself, I would buy an actual aloe plant from Lowes or someplace, and use the pure juice from the plant... it is the strongest, freshest application of aloe possible and cannot hurt a normal, typical person. Aloe is very safe.
Many fissure sufferers do just that -- break off the leaf and get their own fresh squeezins'...
The fissure should be *just* inside your anal opening. Since the aloe is good for all over, just apply a good amount to the area just inside the anus and you should be getting it to the fissure.
If you can get to a hot tub, the jets there also can be very soothing if your having pain. I was put in a whirlpool while recovering in the hospital, and had access to a hot tub for the next two weeks. It was a blessing!
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 21 Jun 2007, 01:30

Haha no worries Steve, I hijack many threads shamelessly, and no one has yelled at me yet (to my face)!
I haven't been able to find aloe vera pills or any gel version of Aloe Vera so I directly apply Aloe Vera juice - you can probably find it in the health care section at your local store, or usually where they have vitamins/organic or herbal medications.
I don't really know where exactly my fissure is either, I just apply the aloe vera to the skin tag. Since it's pure liquid, I either have to soke it onto a Q-tip and sort of just apply it, or soak it up in a tissue/toilet paper and try to squeeze it out over the area. To drink: I use the same pure aloe vera juice, it's 99.99% pure aloe vera, and i think the .01% is some harmless preservative. I just drink the aloe raw or mix it into water/other drinks.
Hopefully someone else will reply too..
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SunshineHope » 23 Jun 2007, 01:31

Whoops sorry guys, my post above was actually posted before Kim & Lecia replied... So ignore my "hopefully someone else will reply too" comment. Not sure how it got down here.. But thanks Lecia, I really hope it'll at least mostly heal by then! I feel like I'll be on stool softeners my whole life. :roll:
Ah well what can ya do! :bball:
(sorry, these emoticons truly entertain me)
p.s. lecia thank you so much for sharing that! you are truly 'the bomb'. all of these suggestions will help us all at least get somewhere on the road to bum recovery. ciao!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist