new issues with my rear....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

new issues with my rear....

Postby dano » 19 Jun 2007, 21:28

well...my fissure "seems" to be a tad better,spasms are for like one hour,if that, in the morning once i start moving around,,and not very long after a bm,then i almost forget about it the rest of the time! so thats good...BUT,i seems to have a little roundish thing at my rear,maybe a skin tag from a minor amount of healing?? it doesnt really hurt,i can feel it though,its smaller than a bb,also i have devoloped a little puffy area like a 1/4" above my fissure.i squeezed the hell out of it trying to self diagnose myself[im well known for self-diagnoses!] and it leaked like a clear watery substance,it also doesnt hurt,only after i squeezed it with pliers...just kidding..i imagine all this is fissure related,but its funny it started AFTER my last visit with dr.finger jammer! i blame him for this.do all this stuff eventually end or is this one of those in it for the long haul kinda things??
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Re: new issues with my rear....

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2007, 21:37

It sounds like it could be a skin tag which is what I developed from my fissure. I freaked when I first felt it because I thought it was a thrombosed hemorrhoid. I didn't hurt initially but after my fissure healed and that was still there, I noticed irritation and sensitivity.
I asked about getting it removed because at that point it was reponsible for my pain but the doctor felt it could actually cause a set back in healing. If I had pushed it she would have but I decided to give it more time. It is getting better and doesn't really bother me too often. I use aloe vera on it and it seems like it is getting smaller and would help with the irritation too. The doctor mentioned vitamin E as well.
I am not sure about the fluid you were able to express from the bump. It could just be associated with healing. Wow-put the pliers down, dude!
Well, it is something that gets better and seems to be a part of healing for some of us but like anything butt related it seems to be a long haul kind of a thing.
I am glad you are getting better overall though!

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 11:28

It's probably a tag, but I'd keep an eye on it. Mine ended up being an abscess (which occasionally leaked "sanguinous fluid" or, in real people terms, clear fluid with a bit of blood. the rest of the time it leaked puss.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby SunshineHope » 20 Jun 2007, 13:02

ouchhhhhhhhy please please don't use pliers hahaha (even if that was a joke, it made ME hurt!)
I have the same type of thing, I think it's a skin tag. I've been trying to apply aloe, hoping it'll calm it down, because these days it's my tag bugging me the most!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby dano » 20 Jun 2007, 21:07

could the other soft bump be a fistula? im kinda unsure what it could be,if it starts to hurt,i will go back to the doctor i guess..the skin tag thing doesnt bother me at all yet....but im sure i will be dealing with this later too..i was gonna say i used tweezers to squeeze,but i thought pliers sounded better! what will the skin tag eventually do,do they go away,or get bigger and bigger?..i really dont care if it grows wings,as long as it doesnt interfere with healing...or starts to hurt....
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007, 21:23

I don't know much about fistulas and how to tell if you are getting one or not. And I know from reading others questions they don't really know either. The best way to figure these things out are to see the doctor.
My skin tag got softer and for the most part stay inside. I can feel it sometimes if I have been on my feet a lot but it doesn't get irritated really like it used to. My doctor said it could take a year for it to get better. He recommended aloe vera or vitamin e topically.

Postby buttgirl » 21 Jun 2007, 10:05

It is difficult to say if you have a fistula or not. Sometimes fistulas are asymptomatic. The only tell tale sign I know of is that, if there is an outside opening, fistulas tend to leak after (or during) every BM because they are basically a passageway of infection. Basically, think of a fistula as a abscess that has tracked its way around the soft tissue of an area.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby dano » 21 Jun 2007, 20:37

i will look for vitamin E to smear around down there,mine seems to stay inside also,which i guess is good??i will keep an eye out for any new symtoms down there,im not gonna bother now,if they start acting up,i will go back to the doc.
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SunshineHope » 23 Jun 2007, 01:18

is aloe vera better for this lecia or vitamin e? or maybe taking one topically and the other through applying?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2007, 08:57

The doctor didn't give any indication which he recommended. I am just doing aloe vera. That is what I started with and it worked so I never tried the vitamin E. I have used vitamin E on some second degree burns I got and it helped prevent scarring on my fingers so I do think it has a lot of healing properties for skin.