Around the house...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Around the house...

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 15:03

I have another question, but the people here have so much good information. :)
Does anyone else walk around on egg shells, afraid to bend over to pick things up or get in and out of a car more then a couple of times a day? I think I might be worrying too much, but hearing other's opinions might help.
Thanks.

Re: Around the house...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2007, 15:14

Oh, yes, that is very typical, Chris, at least it was for me. I cursed under my breath every time I had to get in and out of a car during the A.M., when I was always subject to the spasms.
And any kind of bending, leg-stretching or lifting was just not something I felt I needed to do and knew it was not helping the fissure any....
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 16:02

Chris,
I would walk around the house (I mean I still do) like that character Tim Conway use to protray on the Carol Burnett show. His walk was like a slow shuffle. I was always afraid I would initiate pain if I moved to fast. So you are not alone.
Patty

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 24 Jun 2007, 16:19

Yeah, you're definitely not alone. Im afraid to even walk around too much...which sucks, because we've been having beautiful weather. Except for going to work, I've hardly even left my apartment in 5 weeks.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 18:32

Do you think these regular activities could potentially reopen the fissure?

Postby SunshineHope » 25 Jun 2007, 00:39

That's a great question, and I'd love to hear other people's opinions, although I don't know if anyone really knows for sure. I don't think normal activities like walking could reopen the fissure, but I think they could definitely irritate the fissure.
I wanted to join the gym again and start working out, but 2 weeks ago I was doing a bit of a speed walk in the park and after 2 rounds, I started to notice that my bum was getting irritated by the friction (I'm guessing it's the friction, can't guess what else it'd be). I'm trying to see whether there's any other cardio work out that wouldn't cause that same irritation!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 07:40

Hi Chris,
I'm sorry I know the torture of trying to be so careful with our bodies. It sure takes a lot out of you physically and emotionally.
In the last month I have let myself start doing daily activities such as going out on small errands, started short now I can go out longer, folding laundry, dishes, cooking ect. All stuff I did not do for months.
When your up to it you will know and take baby steps and your confidence will grow.
The fear was biggest obsticle for me.
Wishing you much stronger healthier days. Marie

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 08:39

Maria,
I agree the fear is the biggest thing to overcome. The two CRSs I've seen both told me that it would be ok to do things like sit, walk, jog, etc and didn't seem the least bit phased.
I know that during the 3 years I had my AF, but before I knew what it was, I was weight lifting on a regular basis. The AF came and went during those times, so that gets me wondering quite a bit if I'm overreacting.

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jun 2007, 10:34

I actually find that taking a walk after the bm helps the sphincter to relax. I walk to work every morning and sit on a heating pad all day while at work, but I seems to experience the least pain while walking.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 11:00

I did used to walk on egg shells when I had an active fissure. I babied it quite a bit. But as things got better, and the pain gets better you eventually "forget" to baby it and that is when you know you are getting better!