vicks vapor rub! for stubborn skin tag discomfort

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

vicks vapor rub! for stubborn skin tag discomfort

Postby happyass » 28 Jun 2007, 05:55

i have not seen this written about here or in any AF board. but i must say that for those suffering from skin tags that get wild and unruly and cause havoc in your day with throbbing and evil pain......feel empowered to apply a thin coating of vicks vapor rub for almost immediate relief.
yes, you will feel a wonderful cooling effect for a while and then it turns into a very pleasant burning sensation that quiets the throbbing and the pain.
this is great for those who can't get any relief at night while trying to sleep or for anyone who has to sit at a desk all day long and just feels the throbbing and mean pain of a disturbed skin tag.
i don't know how this would feel on a fissure but i am not going to recommend nor discourage anyone from trying that option.
all i know is that it was a godsend for Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image skin tags!!!!!!!
enjoy this tip!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: vicks vapor rub! for stubborn skin tag discomfort

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jun 2007, 06:06

I know several folks on the board that will want to give you a big hug for this information Gareth...
Wow, that sounds like real relief!!
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Jun 2007, 14:45

I am one of those people Kim! God bless you Gareth! I have TWO skin tags, one in the front area and one in the back area (yeah there's barely anything in between. I've tried to get a mirror before and my bum looks so weird with two skin tags. Eeek.). After my bloody incident a few days ago, I've been taking extra care (and will continue doing that), and I'm getting so so itchy again.
Because my fissure is still active, I'm a bit scared of the burn that vicks would cause, but I think I'll still try it, at least at night when I'm in that unbearable burn/itch mode. Thanks Gareth!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby happyass » 28 Jun 2007, 16:30

just make sure when you first try it out since you have a fissure there, to try and put it on the puffy part of the skin tag that is furthest away from where you think the fissure is.
just do a thin thin dab and see how that feels. work it in very gently and you will momentarily feel a coolness that will take the edge off that damn skin tag throb/pain that is a biatch!!!!!
i was in disbelief too because when my mom told me to use it, i told her that that was probably not a good idea because i thought it would burn. but she said that when i was a baby, for diaper rash and redness areas around the anus, the pediatrist told her to apply some vicks. and it would take the rash away.
so she said that it would offer relief with the throbbing and irritation of the skin tag and with a bit of skepticism and some fear of evil burning, i was pleasantly surprised and the throbbing and irritating pain was gone.
i was able to sleep and if it came back - the throbbing pain - it was reduced - so i applied a bit more and in the morning i was fine.
apply as needed. just make sure you apply very thin coats until you feel the nice coolness sensation take over.
as far as the itch, just blow dry and keep dry.
probably your best bet is to clean your anus, blow dry, and then apply the vicks to the skin tags before going to sleep.
good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2007, 20:47

Vicks contains menthol which can work as a topical analgesic; that is why it relieves pain in some people. I tried this for my fissure but experienced a lot of burning with little relief. I personally had better success with Gold Bond Medicated powder and Lidocaine sunburn spray. But I believe that there certain remedies that work better for some than for others. Anyway, Vicks wont hurt you and is worth a try!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Jun 2007, 10:47

It would be interesting to hear if anyone else tries the sunburn spray and gets relief (or not!).
Deleted User 5

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 29 Jun 2007, 11:08

You can even try Gold Bond Medicated Powder for free...check the link...there's an ad for a free sample...
http://www.goldbond.com/
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2007, 11:45

You know for me I can't use anything mentholated in that area. It burns the dickens out of my arse but maybe I am just a weirdo!

Postby edward_adams » 28 Jul 2007, 16:35

Here's a question, how do you know when your pain is related to a skin tag and not the fissure?
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2007, 16:39

I could tell because the skin tag which is just outside at the base of the internal fissure is what was hurting. I had to be so careful how I sat, what I wore because any wrong movement and it would irritate that skin. I put aloe vera on it and it seemed to help. I know some people do this on their fissure sites as well.
Your little one is so cute!