Off my routine sort of??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Off my routine sort of??

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 15:56

Hello,

I went to have my tooth pulled today. They put me out and I feel ok. I have been pain free (with my tooth and AF) all day now it is 5:50pm. I am sort of off my routine cause I have to eat soft food (jello, pudding, mash pototoes stuff like that). I will have to eat like that for a few days. So this is a little nerve racking. He also put me on an antibiotic so I am eating my yogurt and drinking my water. But I am only gonna take it for a few days. I am only hoping this does not set me back any. Has anyone else had anything similiar done while dealing with this AF? How do you guys handle other medical problems with this AF and still maintain a routine.

P.S. Lecia I have an appt with my PCP to get something for my anxiety before I got to my next CRS appt.

BBG
Patty

Re: Off my routine sort of??

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 16:20

Hey Patty,
Glad you got the tooth extraction over with and you have an appointment with your PCP.
When I get off my routine, which I did this week with my other medical problem, I try to take some miralax or milk of magnesia to ward off any constipation. Usually with antibiotics, diarrhea is the culprit so you are wise to eat the yogurt.
Are you on narcotic pain meds? That can be constipating and I would take something preemptively. Maybe just a few colace would do the trick.
When I had oral surgery they just gave me prescription strength advil (800 mgs) and that helped a lot. Hope you get over this fast and try not to worry about a set back. There wasn't really anything you could do about having your tooth pulled and your body will get back on its routine soon.
L.

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 19:02

Thanks Lecia,
They put me on 600mg motrin for my tooth, so it helps my butt too. You are right the antibotic won't constipate me so I should be ok. I will have my oatmeal tomorrow morning and see how the rest of the day goes.
Thanks again
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jul 2007, 19:22

Patty,
No reason why you couldn't drink some metamucil or citrucel with your soft diet...it may help keep your stools in good order...
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 04 Jul 2007, 03:27

Hey Patty I agree with Kim, metemucil could help with this. It's just liquid really and can give you the extra help you may need. Just don't have tooo much of it, it made my BMs quite bulky but may be good for you..
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38