Trying to find answers

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Trying to find answers

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jun 2009, 20:07

I absolutely agree with all said above !I consulted 5 CRSs and none of them had a SINGLE case of incontinence in their whole carrier !!! Medical paper info varies, but I never saw 30 % mentioned . Also, maybe he mixed two different types of incontinence - to the gas and feces. It is higher rate for gas incontinence (which means that some accidental air bubble can escape on occasion ), but fecal incontinence is very, VERY rare. They have to warn of possibility though , to get out of liability Image issues.
I had TWO LIS surgeries and I do not have any incontinence - not for the gas , not for the fecal matter. I actually had to have second LIS since they cut too little and I will tell you what I always tell other potential LISers - pray that they cut enough and not other way around Image .
Ask CRS openly how many cases of fecal incontinence he personally had and if he had some -than find another surgeon!!! There are many out there who performed thousands of LIS procedures with a clean record and why trust your butt with anybody else.
Success rate is 98 % !!!! Other 2 % can be helped with another LIS if first one was not sufficient. If that does not happen - advanced anal flap surgery might help . So never give up and always seek the best treatment you can find and afford. LIS is done through outside tiny cut done by your anus (left or right side) and than small scalpel or cauter is used to cut a small part of internal sphincter on the side to make it looser. You can watch LIS surgery on the video that I posted in the reference section of this forum.
Best of luck with everything !!!!
PS: Going back to work in 2 weeks is very possible if no extra complications occur (like infection or such - which is very rare )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jules » 09 Jun 2009, 11:21

Safaller.... try it... you'll LOVE it!!! For months I thought that the rest of my life would be consumed with a hurting, sometimes bleeding, dreading to have BM's thought pattern. Every day was the same. Such a horrible routine. I'm back to me! It's been 6 weeks to the day (today) and if I had to do it over I'd be back on the OR table right away. It "is" worth it! Let us know how you're doing... take care!
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jules » 09 Jun 2009, 11:23

Oh, and also meant to say my incision was a 3/4 inch cut my surgeon said. Like Fissulyna said... make sure they plan to cut enough. Mine was just fine :)
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jun 2009, 10:51

Yes, it is most definitely worth it. Not sure how you'd suggest the surgeon cut deep enough, though; too deep and you'd be incontinent...that's a bit of a risky "proposition" there, Jules! :)
Deleted User 5