new

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new

Postby crohnie » 09 Jul 2009, 09:08

Hi all,
I have a digestive disorder that makes me have frequent diarrhea about 5-10 times per day when it is at its most medically managed; this cannot be changed at this time. I cannot do the typical fiber recommendation.
Because of that and a very tight sphincter I developed chronic non-healing anal fissures as well as a hemhorroid. They do not bleed much but they often hurt a lot. I sometimes feel it has ruined my life.
I have been trying to treat the fissures since Oct 2008.
I've tried frequent hot baths, nitro cream, diltiazem cream, wheat grass cream, and the botox injection which gave me about 1 month of reduced pain.
My doctor is not willing to do the LAS surgery unless my diarrhea abates. He actually prefers to do an anal flap surgery on me if an when my diarrhea abates.
So for now I am in a situation where I have exhausted medical treatments available to me.
I am young and want to feel better. Does anyone have any suggestions for pain management or healing?
Thanks all.
crohnie

Topics: 1

Re: new

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Jul 2009, 09:28

Welcome, Chrohnie!
It must very hard to be young and have to put up with the misery of AF, especially since it seems you have them recurring due to your digestive disorder.
You seem to have tried so much of what we'd recommend here, and I am sure you have altered your diet! Can you have another round of botox, some people have 3-4 rounds?
Also, some people have used small doses of valium, and large doses of ibuprofen to heal with the pain. I do wish I had more pain management tips to offer, but perhaps if you go through the various threads you will find something that is worth a shot.
Deleted User 5

Postby crohnie » 09 Jul 2009, 16:07

Thanks Kim.
My insurance will not pay for any further botox, but I can and shall ask about the valium and ibuprofen options.
Thanks for the tips.
crohnie

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jul 2009, 05:50

You're welcome, Chrohnie. Let us know what you find out and if you find something that gives relief...it may help others!
Deleted User 5