Do it or Dont do it!!!????

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Do it or Dont do it!!!????

Postby kimgould » 26 Jul 2009, 20:42

I have been reading alot from this website... And after 7 weeks with a fissure and then developing an abscess the dr. suggested i have surgery and then low and behold everything feels so much better. I am scheduled for surgery on thurs. but now I am wondering if I am healing and maybe i should cancel the surgery. And i definitely know how quickly things can change . Just wondering if getting an abscess is a bad sign of things to come. i still feel the skin tag and there is very little soreness around the abscess. should i do it or dont do it.
kimgould

Topics: 2

Re: Do it or Dont do it!!!????

Postby toomuchwastedtime » 26 Jul 2009, 23:39

i am not a doctor or anything but i think you should go ahead with the surgery.
toomuchwastedtime
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Do it or Dont do it!!!????

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Jul 2009, 05:27

That would be a tough call for anyone, Kim. If oyu have only had your fissure for seven weeks, then perhaps it has not reached the chronic stage and could possible heal on it's own. I think there's not harm in waiting another couple weeks just to see. Your surgeon should be able to reschedule you, but depending on your circumstances, it may take shorter or longer to get a new surgery date. Why not wait and see how you feel between now and late tuesday of this week?
Welcome to our board! Image
Deleted User 5